Pioneer 533HD5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_B, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Lee_B

Lee_B Auditioning

I am new to the forum and this topic might not be new but bear with me . After months of research I am looking hard at the Pioneer533HD5. I originally was looking at the Toshiba50H81.Since this is going to be a long term investment I then started looking at the Toshiba 57H81. While I read several positive things about the Toshiba line I also came across more than one article about fair support and product reliability. Any input will be appreciated
    Lee
    [​IMG]

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Lee,
    I like the Toshiba sets, especially the HX models, I think they are an excellent value.
    That said, I bought a Pioneer SD-533HD5. [​IMG] IMO the Pioneer is clearly the better set and well worth the extra cost over the Toshibas. I feel the Pioneers have unquestionably the best line doubler and stretch modes and I think the DVD/HD performance compares very favorably with the Mitsbushi Diamond RPTVs.
    If you have the extra bucks, I think the Pioneer is the way to go. But the Toshibas are also good sets and can produce an excellent picture, especially after being tweaked and calibrated.