What's new

Pioneer 533HD5 (1 Viewer)

Lee_B

Auditioning
I am new to the forum and this topic might not be new but bear with me . After months of research I am looking hard at the Pioneer533HD5. I originally was looking at the Toshiba50H81.Since this is going to be a long term investment I then started looking at the Toshiba 57H81. While I read several positive things about the Toshiba line I also came across more than one article about fair support and product reliability. Any input will be appreciated
Lee

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Lee,
I like the Toshiba sets, especially the HX models, I think they are an excellent value.
That said, I bought a Pioneer SD-533HD5. :) IMO the Pioneer is clearly the better set and well worth the extra cost over the Toshibas. I feel the Pioneers have unquestionably the best line doubler and stretch modes and I think the DVD/HD performance compares very favorably with the Mitsbushi Diamond RPTVs.
If you have the extra bucks, I think the Pioneer is the way to go. But the Toshibas are also good sets and can produce an excellent picture, especially after being tweaked and calibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks