What's new

Pioneer 45tx popping sound (1 Viewer)

stosh

Auditioning
hello,

I am a new subscriber but I've been lurking here for the past month or two. I have really learning a lot about home theater and based on the information I've read here and my own research I've recently purchased a set of Paradigm Reference 40's and a Pioneer 45tx. I had originally purchased the Denon 3803 but I returned it because it because I found the remote to difficult to use. In the next couple of weeks I'm planning on buying a Hitachi RPTV.

In any case, I have an issue with my Pioneer and I'm hoping that someone can help me solve it. I've got a Sony 5 disc dvd hooked up with an optical cable to the receiver. I also have my digital cable box (scientific atlanta)that only has a digital coax jack to output the audio. I've got that going into the receiver on one the digital cable inputs.

The problem is that every action where I sue the remote for the receiver results in a "popping" sound coming out of the speakers. It only happens if I'm on one of the digital cable stations. If I disconnect the cable box, the "popping" almost stops.

Anuy ideas what might be causing this? I guess I'd like to know if I need to excahnge the receiver, or is this an issue I can resolve in another way.

Thanks!

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to try swiching sources, try this, hookup the coaxial out from your dvd to the the digital in that you are having the problem with, use the remote to verify if the concern still exists, if the noise is eliminated then the likely cause is the cable box, if the concern remains the reciever may be in question....good luck

stosh

Auditioning
thanks for the suggestion, David. Today as I'm trying different things, I am unable to duplicate the problem from yesterday. I guess that's good but I wouldn't want it to happen again after my "trial" period is over. Maybe in re-seating the connections, one of them was loose. Anyway, after re-reading my post, I realized that I actually got the 47tx not the 45tx. duh!

Stosh

stosh

Auditioning
I've been able to duplicate the problem. I guess I would call the sound a "ticking" rather than a "popping". I disconnected all the compom=nents except for the DVD player. I tested using an optical cable as well as a digital coaxial cable. Same result - upon using the remote (either the DVD or receiver), there is a ticking sound coming from the speakers. It does this with any function that is pressed. For example, pressing the volume button on the remote results in a ticking sound that is coordinated with each ascending/decending number of the volume.

To re-iterate, I'm using Paradigm reference fronts and center channel. The receiver is a Pioneer 47tx not 45tx as stated in the subject line. The DVD player is an older Sony 5 disc changer. I'd be interested to hear from other owners with the same set-up as well as anyone else who has any ideas for me to try.

thanks.
Stosh

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I think now, you have isolated the concern to the receiver, a line conditioner may be in order, but you may want to return the receiver, have the salesman hook it up on site and try to duplicate the concern, then try to recreate the concern with the demo unit....You know what to do from here good luck 73 dharris:)

Myron

Agent
I just got a 47Tx and installed it. I'm using a Pioneer DV45 DVD unit. So far I haven't heard one popping sound yet from the remote and I've used the remote a lot in the past few days. I strongly suspect something wrong with the receiver itself. As suggested before take it in to where you bought and have them set it up and demo it right there. Alongside an in-store demo unit to compare. Should be able to determine the problem pretty quickly.

As a side, does it do it do this popping if the DVD player is disconnected> Like if you just have the tuner on or the TV on. That would isolate the DVD player and ensure it truly is the receiver. Its possible that something in the DVD player is causing the problem, though I somehow doubt that, but it must be isolated too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks