Pioneer Experts... Bass Peak Level Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg S, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

This is in reference to a Pioneer 45TX (so all 47Tx and 49Tx you can answer as well).

Here is the scoop. When I set the Bass Peak Level (typically around 10-15 or so before it distorts some) and then watch a DVD (DD, THX EX, DTS or any format) I have plenty of bass and everything sounds great.

Then I pop in another disc (again ANY format) and there is no bass! I can get it back to the same level again if I go and set the Bass Peak Level again (10 or 15 same as before). I am changing no other settings in between discs nor am I doing anything else but open the DVD player and removing the old DVD and putting in a new one.

Any thoughts as to what is happening here??

Thanks

Greg

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

Here's the thing Greg the Bass Peak Level is just the it's the loudest you want your subwoofer to ever play not your average setting. If you want to make your sub louder go to surround setup and choose channel levels. There you can choose how loud you want your sub to be. what 2 disc's are you using for this test? Are you saying that the setting you put in is erasing itself and you have to go set it in again?

Daniel Smith

3. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

** I would say thats a more accurate statement. However the channel level DOES NOT change unless I have changed it. The system CLEARLY "gets its bass back" when I go and set the Bass Peak Level before viewing the next disc.

It is very strange.

Greg

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

Sounds like some sort of firmware defect I'd call Pioneer customer service. Since you bought it from Josh then you'll have the warranty. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

Daniel Smith

5. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Greg:

I set my Bass Peak Level for the first time tonight. Matter of fact - after I read your post I rushed home to do it - in case I had to take the receiver back.

I'm not having this problem. the bass limited worked as advertised. I switched between Cd's DVD's and turned the thing off and on and ther bass limiter still worked on my sub.

I put my sub on 60 Hz and cranked it up to about 1 o'clock. Put the bass peak level adj on and worked it till I got some distortion and backed off.

Tried my reference CD - Eagles - Hotel California and the bass was great but did not distort my sub as it can with the level I set the sub at without the limiter.

This should solve my problem of having to adjust the sub more than I want because of the dynamics of different cd's, dvd's, etc.

Hope this solves your problems.

Mike

6. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

UPDATE

I have been working with Josh (the person it came from) and it this point I have no answer. It is believed that I may have a faulty unit but its unknown at this point. He is working with his Pioneer rep on this.

BTW as a side note the unit has functioning perfectly the last 2 nights. I will see if this continues.

Greg

7. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Keep talking to us Greg - good information. I have not had this probelm.

Mike