What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pink Flamingos re release (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
Is the Pink Flamingos DVD thats being released on Sept 7 the same as the one in the John Waters collection or is it a new version?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
If it's identical, then it's the best you'll ever see PF look. It's too bad that it doesn't have the original music, but John Waters seems okay with it so it's fine by me.

EGGS! EGGS! EGGS!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
It's also too bad it's not in the original 1:33 aspect ratio. P F was shot in 16mm by Waters long before he knew about composing for 1:85 matting.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Considering the music and opening credits were altered and the entire film has been incorrectly matted for faux widescreen purposes, I don't think it's the 'best' you'll ever see the film look. I have the DVD for the commentary and whatnot, but retain the old Harmony Vision VHS for whenever I actually want to watch the actual film.
Same is true for FEMALE TROUBLE - the matting on the DVD is awful.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It's true that it was originally shot for 1.33:1 but Waters seems to approve of the transfer, so I'm fine with it.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Waters must prefer the MOR because I had the Criterion LD which is 1.85.1 and we all know Criterion doesn't mess around with matting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks