What's new

Pictures on signature...what the??? (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I see all these cool screen shots as signatures at the end of peoples posts. How the heck do ya puy one of those one your posts?

Jason

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Most screen shots from films are probably screen captures from a DVD.
The picture must be on the web and cannot be referenced from your own computer (c:/documents and settings/username/desktop) If you have a pic, PM Packy and ask him if you can put it on the server to use as your sig.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you don't have your own webspace then you can send (e-mail) to another member with webspace or to Parker Clack where he can put it up.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I heard that you can link to pictures from GeoCities if you put them on GeoCities as .txt files. They are read as images, even though they have .txt extensions. If you want to frequently change your sig, you could do this.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I just put my sig pic up on my PBase account and linked it from there, works fine so far.

Cam S

Screenwriter
hmm, I tried it on my yahoo page and it works for a bit, then stops working. anyone know why?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I heard that you can link to pictures from GeoCities if you put them on GeoCities as .txt files. They are read as images, even though they have .txt extensions. If you want to frequently change your sig, you could do this.
Except if you use up your bandwidth quota, you'll get a red x in your sig, surely?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
hmm, I tried it on my yahoo page and it works for a bit, then stops working. anyone know why?
Same reason BrianB pointed out - bandwidth usage. Once you've reached your bandwidth quota for the given period (day?) your sig disappears...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks