What's new

Pic of the new Xbox Live Dashboard, pretty cool. (1 Viewer)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson

Story here. According to the news bit it's coming on August 25th. That kinda surprised me as I was under the impression it wouldn't be out till around the holidays. Or maybe it won't be and MS is just getting our hopes up for nothing again. At any rate, it looks pretty cool and the voice chat out of game will be great.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
They should make the friends list bigger, 300 would be much better.
And let you group friends by game. So you would have a folder with MM3, and the list of your friends that you play that with, etc.

Is it confirmed that this revision will let you get to the Dashboard with a disc in the drive?

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Grouping is the main thing the friends list is lacking. After awhile I coudln't remember if I had added someone because they were HTF or from one of the football leagues I joined or just random people that I had fun playing games with.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Definitely agree on the grouping thing, I never thought of that until you guys said it. That would be perfect for friends from HTF and such.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I just hope that dash board will be 480p. I hate having to switch inputs.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
LaMarcus- The latest OXM mentions a new HD adapter called the Neoya X2VGA with a feature called "480i Easyview". Basically it will take the 480i signal from the dashboard and make it compatible with your 480p signal. It will look somewaht awful, but its readable & you won't have to switch cables.

It's $69, but if the new dashboard isn't 480p, it might be worth it.

-Dave

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Did you guys read about the "Live Aware" games. If your playing offline it still recognizes that you have a live account and will allow you to quickly check to see if your friends are online and receive invites, all while playing offline.
This is the main problem that I had with live. THis is great news hopefully all games will implement it.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
XBOX Live Web / My Live now coming on the 25th!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/...s_6073132.html

Microsoft has announced that Live Web will be available on August 25. The Web-based feature will let users monitor different facets of Xbox Live through a Web page. Users will be able to view their friends list to see which friends are playing online, and they will also be able to view stats and scoreboards. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon will be one of the first games to support the feature, allowing users to view their ranking through the Web. Microsoft said it plans to also hold a number of special events through Live Web.
http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/ has an update about it also.

Personally, I'm more excited about this than the dashboard updates.

Also VERY glad to read about the Live Aware games. I've been saying for awhile that MS should try and make these features standard on all games. It's bad enough that most of the Live enabled games don't allow you to be logged on while playing the single player game.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
dangit, now I just HAVE to go wireless! Right now I'm running a cable across my living room, but only when I want to play LIVE. To take advantage of Live Aware, I would have to be connected all the time.

Somebody please recommend the cheapest way for me to go wireless for my Xbox!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks