What's new

PHE Press Release: Paramount Presents! Elizabethtown (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Newly Remastered Under the Supervision of Cameron Crowe,
Classic Romantic Comedy Starring Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst
Arrives on Blu-ray™ for the First Time

image003.jpg

14th Title in the Paramount Presents Line Debuts on Blu-ray™ February 9, 2021 with New Bonus Content, Including Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes and an Alternate Ending

Oscar®-winning* director Cameron Crowe’s beguiling romantic comedy ELIZABETHTOWN arrives for the first time ever on Blu-ray in time for Valentine’s Day gift-giving as part of the Paramount Presents line on February 9, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

The limited-edition Paramount Presents Blu-ray Disc™ includes the film newly remastered from a 4K transfer supervised by Crowe. The disc is presented in collectible packaging that includes a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster, and an interior spread with key movie moments. The ELIZABETHTOWN Blu-ray also includes a new Filmmaker Focus with Crowe, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and an alternate ending with an introduction by Crowe. Along with access to a Digital copy of the film, the Blu-ray also includes previously released special features, including deleted and extended scenes with an introduction by Crowe, “On the Road to Elizabethtown,” “The Music of Elizabethtown,” “Meet the Crew” featurette, “Training Wheels” featurette, a photo gallery and more.

Orlando Bloom (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise) and Kirsten Dunst (Spider-Man) star in this heartfelt romance set against a fantastic rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack. Hot-shot designer Drew Baylor’s (Bloom) life becomes completely unraveled when he loses his father and his job on one fateful day. En route to Elizabethtown to visit his family, Drew meets Claire (Dunst). She’s beautiful, unstoppably positive, and just the gal to guide Drew on his journey back home and to teach him what it means to live and love along the way. The film also stars Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin, Judy Greer, and Jessica Biel.

About Paramount Presents

This collectible line spans celebrated classics to film-lover favorites, each from the studio’s renowned library. Every Paramount Presents release features never-before-seen bonus content and exclusive collectible packaging. There are 13 additional titles available in the Paramount Presents collection: Fatal Attraction, King Creole, To Catch a Thief, Flashdance, Days of Thunder, Pretty In Pink, Airplane!, Ghost, Roman Holiday, The Haunting, The Golden Child, Trading Placesand The Court Jester.

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Paramount Presents: ELIZABETHTOWN

Street Date: February 9, 2021

U.S. Rating: PG-13 for language and some sexual references

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is a bit of a head-scratcher for me as well, but coming off of THE GOLDEN CHILD released under this prestigious PARAMOUNT PRESENTS moniker I guess anything is possible. (With apologies to Crawdaddy who I know liked the film)

I just looked at online reviews and they mostly all point to this film being mediocre at best.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is a bit of a head-scratcher for me as well, but coming off of THE GOLDEN CHILD released under this prestigious PARAMOUNT PRESENTS moniker I guess anything is possible. (With apologies to Crawdaddy who I know liked the film)

I just looked at online reviews and they mostly all point to this film being mediocre at best.
Hey, I love "The Golden Child" so much I'm not even buying it.:) However, I can understand "The Golden Child" because of marketing involving the other Eddie Murphy titles coming out at the same time. This title doesn't have that marketing connection.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This one definitely falls into "head-scratcher" territory - maybe Paramount wants to work with Cameron Crowe and this is to make him happy?

It's a horrible movie - borderline unwatchable...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
According to TM Zed Mr. Bloom recently fostered a puppy after his wife Katie Perry had their baby ...
1606188804042.png

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Sounds like another one of my $5 iTunes bargains will be getting a free 4K upgrade. :D

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
This is a perfect example of a title being selected by someone who knows nothing about the library. The film was a straight-up bomb, both critically (28% at Rotten Tomatoes) and at the box office (worldwide gross was $51 million). Just another example of the "nobody wants that old black-and-white shit" mentality.

TallPaulInKy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
Classic Romantic Comedy? Hardly. I live about ten miles from Elizabethtown and I'll tell you the folks here in Kentucky do not sound like the people in this movie with their Georgia styled accents. cadavra called it a "straight up bomb". I'll second that. Watched it once and that was too much.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I'm waiting for Hud and A Place in the Sun. Both are on my Top 10 List of all-time favorites.

Reactions: PMF

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I guess I’m in the minority who liked this movie. I was introduced to it from my wife early on in o it relationship, so maybe that has something to do with my liking it. I actually remember taking note a year or two ago that I couldn’t find a blu ray of it, so this pleases me.

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Definitely not paying $30 for this release, I’m fairly certain the price will drop quickly. Curious why 4K UHD is not an option. I checked a couple of the previous Paramount Presents titles and they are available as 4K DolbyVision on iTunes, several for $5.

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
From a review I wrote years ago when the DVD came out:

But the biggest problem with this film is that it could use one helluva lot of tightening. It goes on way too long with so many scenes that lead to dead ends, which may be fitting considering the subject matter but hardly entertaining. Trim about twenty minutes, and Cameron Crowe might have had something. But even at that, he would have had to dream up some kind of a plot which amounted to more than what we got for wading through this puddle of sludge. The only person on the planet that this film means anything to must be Crowe. Elizabethtown did manage to make it’s budget back in worldwide gross, or maybe a bit more or a bit less depending on which figures you use, but a lot of that can be attributed to the fact that both Dunst and Bloom were riding high on star power at the time. She because of the Spiderman films, he because of the Lord of the Rings and the three Pirates of the Caribbean Films.

But please, don’t let me go without mentioning the fine outstanding performance of Tim Devitt as Mitch’s dad. A corpse hasn’t been played this believably since Fred Gwynne played Herman Munster. So my hat’s off to him. He deserved better than this movie as a Eulogy.

I watched it again a few years ago, and nothing has changed my mind. It's a boring pointless film, only watchable because of Dunst.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
For the life of me, I fail to comprehend why studios, Paramount included, continue to mine their box office bombs for 'collector's editions' on Blu-ray while their more notable offerings remain MIA in hi-def, with some, likely never to see the light of day at all. Like, no kidding - it's easier to remaster a movie made in 2005 than one that came out in 1950. I get that. Cheaper too. I get that also. But billing Elizabethtown as a 'classic' is insulting to genuine 'classic' movies that have withstood the test of time. This turkey wasn't even respected when it was theatrically premiered.

A Paramount Presents... title?!?! In line with Fatal Attraction, The Court Jester, Roman Holiday and To Catch a Thief - among many others. Huh? How about The Greatest Show on Earth and Ordinary People - two best pictures that are deserving of that honor. How about Blue Hawaii, or William Wyler's Carrie, or Elephant Walk, The Country Girl, Witness, Regarding Henry, Dead Again, A Place in the Sun, The Ghost and the Darkness, and on and on?!?!?!

Hell, at this point, I would even welcome a repackaged Chinatown or Sunset Blvd (not that I want to see Paramount just reissue what's already out there, but...you know, that didn't stop them on To Catch a Thief, Fatal Attraction, Flashdance, Airplane!, the upcoming Love Story, yada-yada-yada, etc. et al. But Elizabethtown?!?! A classic?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Elizabethtown gets a 'remastered' Paramount Presents release and The Sons of Katie Elder (a true classic) gets dumped in an MOD, un-remastered release? Ditto for We're No Angels (a VistaVision picture that ought to have sparkled in hi-def) and, Wonder Boys (tragically underrated). Oh, now that's balanced!

Well, I guess this bodes well for a Paramount Presents...release of Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011), Marci X (2003), The Love Guru (2008), and, Serving Sara (2002), among the many duds in the studio's more recent canon. Only problem here is when this crap doesn't sell, the studio will pull the plug on future releases of their MIA product we would actually buy and claim there is no market for physical media. Wrong! Let's revisit, shall we. There's no market for garbage catalog on any medium - period!

Last, but certainly NOT least. I really don't care for Paramount's whitewashing press release statement about 'this collectible line' spanning decades of 'celebrated classics to film-lover fav's' from 'their renowned library' featuring 'never before bonus content'. Let's unpack that thoroughly misguided statement, shall we? In the first place, they've included The Haunting (1999) in their line-up - a movie made by Dreamworks before Paramount owned a stake in that company, and released theatrically by Universal, and, given a home video 'Signature' release on DVD by Universal. So, Paramount had no participation with this, other than to currently holds the rights to it for distribution. So, not from 'their' library, for sure.

Second, a 6 min. intro to these movies, glossed over with some disposable 'fluff commentary' is not what any of us would consider 'bonus' content, though arguably, it is 'new'. Third, dumping previously available extras, well-produced and more comprehensively to cover the history of some of these movies from these Paramount Presents...re-issues is just a ridiculous concept in general, and therefore does not represent ANY of the movies in the Paramount Presents...collection as 'deluxe editions' - especially, if you already own the original Blu-ray releases. As for collectible packaging - a gate fold of the movie's poster on glossy cardboard isn't exactly 'collectible'. No thought put into this, other than to apply lipstick on the proverbial pig - none at all!

Last edited:

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
This truly was one of the worse movies I have ever seen. I saw a screening of it for free the week before it opened in NY and came out of it actually angry I wasted that time in there. I was hoping to NEVER see a mention of this title ever again. What is wrong with Paramount??

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Definitely not paying $30 for this release, I’m fairly certain the price will drop quickly. Curious why 4K UHD is not an option. I checked a couple of the previous Paramount Presents titles and they are available as 4K DolbyVision on iTunes, several for $5.
Down to $18.99 on Amazon. $14.99 on iTunes in 4K

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks