What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Paramount Presents! Harold and Maude (1971) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Director Hal Ashby’s Classic Coming-Of-Age Comedy Celebrates Its
50th Anniversary with a Newly Restored and Remastered Version on Blu-ray™

image002.jpg

Newest Addition to Paramount Presents Line Arrives December 7, 2021
with New Commentary and More

Directed by Hal Ashby and written by Colin Higgins, the critically acclaimed cult classicHAROLD AND MAUDE arrives on Blu-ray as part of the Paramount Presents line December 7, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on December 20, 1971, HAROLD AND MAUDE celebrates its 50thanniversary this year and has been beautifully restored and remastered for this Limited-Edition release. For the restoration, the original negative was scanned in 4K and careful color correction and cleanup were undertaken to pay homage to director of photography John Alonzo’s memorable work and honor the look of the film. In addition, the incredible soundtrack was completely remixed using recently discovered tracks to add clarity and depth.

The Paramount Presents Blu-ray includes a new commentary with Larry Karaszewski (co-screenwriter, Ed Wood; co-screenwriter, Dolemite Is My Name) and Cameron Crowe (writer & director, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous), as well as a look at the film featuring Yusuf/Cat Stevens, who composed and performed the songs for the movie. The full list of bonus content follows:

• Commentary with Larry Karaszewski and Cameron Crowe—NEW!
  • Yusuf/Cat Stevens on Harold and MaudeNEW!
  • Theatrical Trailer #1
  • Theatrical Trailer #2

In this essential cult-classic, Harold (Bud Cort) is a death-obsessed teen who falls for Maude (Oscar® winner* Ruth Gordon), a happy-go-lucky, eccentric 79-year-old. To a lilting Yusuf/Cat Stevens soundtrack, Maude teaches Harold a valuable lesson about making the most of his time on earth.

As with every title in the Paramount Presents line, HAROLD AND MAUDE is presented in collectible packaging featuring a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments.

About Paramount Presents

This collectible line spans celebrated classics to film-lover favorites, each from the studio’s renowned library. Every Paramount Presents release features never-before-seen bonus content and exclusive collectible packaging. Additional titles available in the Paramount Presents collection on Blu-ray include: Fatal Attraction, King Creole, To Catch a Thief, Flashdance, Days of Thunder, Pretty In Pink, Airplane!, Ghost, Roman Holiday, The Haunting, The Golden Child, Trading Places, The Court Jester, Love Story, Elizabethtown, The Greatest Show on Earth, Mommie Dearest, Last Train From Gun Hill, 48 HRS., Another 48 HRS., Almost Famous, A Place in the Sun, Nashville, Bugsy Malone, Breakdown, The Sheik, Vanilla Sky, and Ragtime.

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Paramount Presents: HAROLD AND MAUDE

Street Date: December 7, 2021

U.S. Rating: PG

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Day 1 purchase! Love Harold and Maude, and if this release is anything like Paramount's recent Presents label version of Nashville, we're in for a real treat.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Will the Cat Stevens interview be the same one from Criterion, if so that would be a first as I don't think Criterion has ever licensed out it's on own made features out for other studio's/companies' releases.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Will the Cat Stevens interview be the same one from Criterion, if so that would be a first as I don't think Criterion has ever licensed out it's on own made features out for other studio's/companies' releases.
It says it's new so I'd assume Paramount interviewed him this time. Since it's been 50 years since he did the movie, I'd also assume that he probably goes over a lot of the same stuff again. :)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It says it's new so I'd assume Paramount interviewed him this time. Since it's been 50 years since he did the movie, I'd also assume that he probably goes over a lot of the same stuff again. :)

Keyword assume, but won't know until reviews come out though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Keyword assume, but won't know until reviews come out though.
The keyword is actually "NEW!" from the press release. I suppose it could be a typo and it is the same feature from the Criterion but it's very unlikely that they licensed that single feature from Criterion and didn't get the commentary or get the interviews from the AFI that Criterion licensed for their disc.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Hoping we’ll also see spine #30 in December! Crossing my fingers it’s Ordinary People- we’ve already missed its fortieth anniversary last year.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Both of those films will likely get released from Criterion, as Paramount hasn't touched either film in so long now. Both of those films would fit very well them.

Since on the topic of Criterion, Paramount's new cover looks more Criterion than Criterion did back in 2010.

Harold.And_.Maude_.1971-Paramount.Presents.Blu-ray.Cover_.jpg

XjukkCbTA5i6GBZE6DOeYtwUqrwYNW_large.jpg

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks