What's new

Phantom Crash Impressions? (1 Viewer)

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
Passed on this a while back due to too many games/too much work.

Anybody have any fairly-detailed impressions on this?

Thanks in advance.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
Phantom Crash is the Gran Tourismo of Mech Games. :) To put it bluntly.

Instead of buying cars and getting parts to soup up your car, you will be buying Scoobies (what they call the mechs) and parts for it. You can also buy music to listen to while "Rumbling" (what they call when you go and fight other Scoobies).

With my limited playtime each week and split between 4-5 games, I'm just finally getting into Phantom Crash and I really like it. You can go buy a used Scoobie or you can buy a new one from one of the 3 manufacturers. You can buy parts, weapons, paint schemes, stickers and accessories for your Scoobie. There's tons of these to buy and you'll have to watch out for the weight capacity of your Scoobie.

Each Scoobie is powered by a CHIP. There's several types of CHIPs modeled from animals. Each chip has different types of targeting, locking for homing weapons and accuracy. I currently have a Dog II and a Cat II chips. Each chip has a 'growth' rate and the more you play the more the chip will get better at things. You can also go to the upgrade shop and upgrade the level of your CHIP increasing the targeting area.

I'm really enjoying this title. The only downside is that it's not LIVE. However, I think a lot of people are missing out on this great title due to this limitation. When Rumbling, each scoobie has an "Optical Camouflage" where you will blend in with the background. You cannot lock on to a scoobie with the camouflage on but you can hurt them with standard weapons. There are 3 areas to Rumble and each are very different from each other. I currently frequent Shinjuku which is for beginners.

Another thing that people will not like are the dialouges. They're all text based and rather long. But, you can skip them all if you want.

I'm currently enjoying getting different paint schemes so everytime I Rumble, my scoobie always looks different.

If you enjoy mech games and TONS of customization, then this game is a must. I give it an 9 out of 10 due to the lack of Live support. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks