Pet Sematary (2019)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Pet Sematary (2019)

Genre: Horror

Director: Dennis Widmyer, Kevin Kolsch

Cast: Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, Jeté Laurence, Lucas Lavoie, Hugo Lavoie, Obssa Ahmed, Alyssa Brooke Levine, Naomi Frenette, Maria Herrera, Frank Schorpion

Release: 2019-04-05

Plot: Remake of the '80s classic, based on the novel by Stephen King.

Church, looking a bit PO'ed.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/04/first-look-new-movie-stephen-king-pet-sematary/

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Hello, Pet Semetary. Carrie came over, so I remade Carrie. Then It came over, and I remade It. Now I want to remake yooooooouuuu!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I read the novel as a grown adult and it scared the crap out of me. I'm not sure a movie could ever capture that, or if I could be as scared by the same story now that I know it, but that book.... I think it might be the most terrifying thing King ever wrote. And if not the most, definitely in the top five.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Movie opens April 5th against Shazam. Shazam will crush it but I'm very excited to see this new adaptation which the second trailer shows will be a different take on the book. The movie closed out SXSW to good/great reviews.

King's scariest book ever for me so really hoping this new version dives deeper into the story mythology more than the 1989 version did. Based on the changes in trailer, looks to be a good bet. Also, the parents were the weakest part of the original movie so I'm hoping Clarke and Seimetz do a better job.

Nonspoiler review from SXSW if you've watched the second trailer.

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
With the Stephen King movie renaissance, Netflix or HBO need to throw money at the Duffer Brothers to make a proper one or two season The Stand. Not to mention a proper Dark Tower (all apologies to Idris Elba, whom I love as an actor). Heck. He could even still do the role, but pretend that movie never happened. Although for the Dark Tower that would have to go on for Game of Thrones length of time.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Hmmm. I might be the only one, but actually I liked the version from 30 years ago better.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
With the Stephen King movie renaissance, Netflix or HBO need to throw money at the Duffer Brothers to make a proper one or two season The Stand. Not to mention a proper Dark Tower (all apologies to Idris Elba, whom I love as an actor). Heck. He could even still do the role, but pretend that movie never happened. Although for the Dark Tower that would have to go on for Game of Thrones length of time.

It’s not the Duffer Brothers, but a premium cable or streaming company has hired someone to turn The Stand into a limited series. Not sure when it’s due.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It’s not the Duffer Brothers, but a premium cable or streaming company has hired someone to turn it into a miniseries. Not sure when it’s due.
Amazon has plans to make a Dark Tower series. Glen Mazzara (The Walking Dead) is showrunner.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So I guess the film/TV hybrid series from Imagine is dead?

I dislike the Walking Dead so hopefully the Dark Tower comes out better.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Hated the original? You'll love it. Loved the original? You'll hate. lol

Haven't seen it yet but plan it and US this weekend. crossing fingers I can.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like PS is coming in at the lower end of expectations, around $23M (some predictions were $30-40M). At that level, it seems unlikely to match the original film's gross even in unadjusted dollars ($57.5M).

Cinemascore is also a relatively low C+, so it seems like some critics like it more than general audiences.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks