What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
It makes no sense that Root should be a factor. I can't believe that Reese, Finch, and Shaw let her go at the end of the last episode. She's free to go when her injury is healed? What?!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Finch knows wwaaaaayyyyy more than we all do. Root will be a frenemy. I think she now sees how huge this is. Will still have her moments...it will take the other three to keep her reeled in. I don't see her joining...but I do think Finch knows she is about the machine...

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Again though, they let her go free? She abused Finch, tortured Shaw, and killed people. She must be in some kind of custody.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Reese or Finch, perhaps through Carter. I can't imagine them letting this killer roam around free, even if Finch does have some respect for her intelligence.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
It looked to me like Root was in some kind of mental ward when that phone rang.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, she was basically visiting the Isle of Catatonia until the Machine called her.

My impression is that the Machine sees her as an ally, and perhaps as part of its self-protective intelligence it is able to recognize who has its interests in mind.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Cameron Yee said:
My impression is that the Machine sees her as an ally, and perhaps as part of its self-protective intelligence it is able to recognize who has its interests in mind.
This. If you notice while watching the shows the machine has color themes for people it's monitoring. Most people are white, friends are yellow, enemies are red. I can't recall what color Root started the finale in, but by the end I noticed she turned to Yellow.

One thing I did notice and can't figure out, is Shaw started the finale BLUE, then turned yellow. No idea what Blue stands for.

And yes, I believe Root was institutionalized at the end.

(edit)

Found some images online.

In this image, Reese is yellow, Shaw is blue:
Shot0003.png

Root tagged yellow:
godmodeobs-710x400.jpg

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
By the way, I can't recall where I saw it (yeah, not very helpful), but I read an official comment about the colour coding for the machine. Blue is indeed for "agent."

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was not thrilled with the Amy Acker news, but I'm willing to give the creatives behind the show a chance to see what they can make of that character.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that her story weaves in and out of the main story in a manner that doesn't always tie directly into Reese and Finch's story.The cast expansion for the upcoming season seems to make it clear that the show is becoming the story of the Machine, rather than the story of Reese and Finch. I'm fine with that, as long as Reese and Finch aren't lost in the shuffle. Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson are too good to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks