What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Broadcast TV The Good Place Season 4 - Final Season (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What really impressed me was how William Jackson Harper made Chidi "feel" different, with the gravitas that comes from over three centuries of life experience. AFAIK, he's the only one of the foursome that remembers everything from all of the various iterations.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
he's the only one of the foursome that remembers everything from all of the various iterations.

Actually, they all do. In the episode when Michael and Jason go to the Bad Place to rescue Janet, Michael said that he already gave Eleanor and Tahani their afterlife memories back, but was holding them for Jason because of his concern about how Jason would react. He gave them to Jason before they got to the Bad Place to try to talk him out of wanting to throw a cocktail in the Bad Place again, as he had done in season two before they escaped to see the Judge. But this was a very small detail in a very busy episode, so it's easy to have overlooked it.

Also, I just want to leave these here because I think they're so great:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does anyone know if the Paley Center special is online anywhere? I remembered I never finished watching it, but it disappeared from my DVR and doesn't appear to be available on demand either.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mike Schur talked to Dave Nemetz of TV Line about how that cameo came about. I'll put it in spoiler brackets just in case some of you are checking the thread before watching the episode. But...man, I loved that. Wow.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/09/the-good-place-timothy-olyphant-season-4-episode-10-justified/

As a big fan of Justified, I didn't know I needed this until I saw it, but I thought it was hilarious and wonderful. The only thing that would have made this even funnier is if Timothy Olyphant had recognized Michael and been confused. He and Ted Danson worked together on the second season of Damages for FX before Olyphant got the role in the Justified pilot.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Your own personal Cincinnati.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
No discussion lately?

I don't want to say anything in case the rest of you haven't caught up yet, but the last two episodes have been fantastic.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
"Giant mini donuts, not just regular sized donuts- (Dave will explain)"

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
This show is still really funny, but the actual "good place" was a little disappointing and underwhelming.

I mean the bad place is a complex network run by thousands of Demons of all sorts, very enthusiastic about making sure the humans are in a constant state of torture. But the good place is run by a mere five person committee who dont care that their residents have become mush brained lifeless souls instead of being truly happy?

And while Eleanor's solution philosophically makes sense, its kind of depressing too. And if her solution is actually doable, doesnt that render the whole afterlife pointless anyway?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For me, the last episode wasn't so much funny (though Jason never lets me down) as it was thoughtful and a little sad. That has been one of the hallmarks of this series from the start. As funny or melancholy as it has been, it always makes you think.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
if her solution is actually doable, doesnt that render the whole afterlife pointless anyway?

No. You can have the afterlife for as long as you want it and then stop. That's not any more pointless than having a life and then dying. It empowers the people in the Good Place to once again have control over their own destinies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PSYLNT2UHD
Recent bookmarks