Pearl Jam Official Bootlegs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Angelo.M, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Sorry, not able to search at the moment...

I have Spodek, Katowice (both; love 'em) and Seattle. Any other essential releases in the series according to you PJ fans out there?

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

3. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I already have that one, thanks.

Any thoughts on the PJ DVD's that are out there?

4. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

I've got five of the twenty-five European shows (one London, both Katowice, Hamburg, and another one I'm forgetting), and two of the U.S. shows (Las Vegas and Seattle #2). A couple of days ago I received the copy of the Oklahoma City show I attended on 4/3. Couldn't be happier with their official bootleg setup, and I wish more bands would/could follow their trend.

As far as the DVDs go, they've got two out, Single Video Theory and Touring Band 2000. SVT is basically a look into the making of 1998's Yield, and is rather an underwhelming DVD, at only about 45 minutes long, with no chapter stops. Some decent takes of some of the better Yield tracks, and some interview footage.

TB2000 is a must-buy for PJ fans. Twenty-something tracks from their 2000 tour (the same tour the first set of U.S. bootlegs were taken from), and although the tracks are taken from different shows, the set list is put together in such a way that it feels like it could be one single show. Video is grainy, but it doesn't matter (to me, anyway). Videos for "Do the Evolution" and "Smile" are also included.

I've heard a couple of rumors about possible upcoming DVDs--one from a show in Seattle last December, and another one like TB2000, only this one will be their 2003 shows. I know that I saw several cameras at the OKC show last week.

5. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

You Pearl Jam fans should check out the Neil Finn DVD- 7 Worlds Collide. Eddie sings lead on 3 or 4 songs and his version of "Stuff and Nonsense" with Tim Finn on vocals and piano is fantastic.

6. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Anything from the 2003 tour is essential in my opinion!