What's new

Peacock Peacock - NBC/Universal Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
HBOMax seems to resemble an actual studio-owned service trying to show off their own disk-restored product (even with the old Criterion titles left over from Filmstruck), while Peacock literally looks like HuluPlus with Hitchcock and Frankenstein added.

It's a good thing that Peacock has a FWA system for most of its B-titles, since that's the same way I watched Hulu back before it became Plus.
FWA?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
As we know, "The Office" is coming to Peacock in January. But I just read that only seasons 1&2 will be free.

Seasons 3-9 will be behind a paywall & require paid subscriptions.

Are many people even subscribing to Peacock? Will The Office convert millions to pay for it?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
As we know, "The Office" is coming to Peacock in January. But I just read that only seasons 1&2 will be free.

Are many people even subscribing to Peacock? Will The Office convert millions to pay for it?
I subscribe to Peacock, but will probably drop them for 2021 as I have too much to watch with other streaming services and physical media.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I am getting the premium service only because I am a Comcast customer. It still has commercials, though, so I rarely watch anything on it. There is no way I would pay for the service if I move on from Comcast.

I bought the complete series of The Office when it was on sale on Vudu a couple of years ago for under $30. So, I don't really care which service is carrying it or what they are charging. It's been awhile since I have watched the series, though, as I am watching a couple of other series with "half hour" episodes right now.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This decision doesn’t really affect me but in general terms I like that Peacock has both a free and paid tier. I personally wish it was a little simpler, free with ads and paid without ads (rather than having a free with ads, paid with ads and paid without ads level) but it’s sort of unique among the major services for having that. There’s no free version of CBS All Access or HBO Max or Disney+ or Netflix etc.

I’ve always felt the deal should be if it’s free, it can have ads, if I pay for it, it shouldn’t. But being that paid services going back as far as basic cable have always had commercials clearly the universe doesn’t agree with me :D

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Great feedback, but I wonder if having the Office behind a paywall on Peacock will prove as lucrative for them as just licensing it to Netflix or any other.

I understand what's behind their thinking & strategy ..... keeping it on their own platform to build their own subscribers... but I just think the Netflix/Disney+/Hulu/Prime/and potentially HBO Max platforms are just more than enough options for the average person... I wonder if locking it up on Peacock will be as lucrative for them. I guess we'll find out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonJJJ