Pardigm Speaker Prices, Canadian Dollars

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allan_Tee, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Allan_Tee

Allan_Tee Auditioning

Does anyone know if it is worth going into Canada to pick up Paradigm speakers? May go up to visit some family/friends and "surprise" my wife by getting some speakers....e.g. Studio 20's and 40's ?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    All I can say is PSB speaker prices are the same number in can$ over here in Canada as they are in us$ over there in the us. Paradigm is similar. That would equate to a savings of about 40%.

3. David Berry

David Berry Stunt Coordinator

I would agree with Neil.
    Allan, just perform a search on Paradigm prices on this forum and you will see that other people have asked the same question. This is one specific area that the roles are reversed and Canadians get a break on audio equipment.
    As an aside, I bought my Studio 60v2 black ash laminate dealer demo for $700 US.

4. Ed Haze

Ed Haze Agent

Definitely worth it to buy in Canada. I recently scored a set of Studio 40s in Rosenut Veneer and the Studio CC for $1425 CA, or about $930 US. Those numbers are after taxes! My local B&M dealer quoted me at $1500 for the same set-up(before taxes). I did need to shop around though as I found some dealers were more willing to haggle than others.

5. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Stunt Coordinator

Check out Axiom as well. I think it would definitely be worth your while to purchase speakers from a Canadian factory/retailer.

6. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

7. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

For those in the know (accountants), US residents who purchase Canadian goods may be eligible to re-claim the GST tax that they paid on the original purchase. But if you pay your local CPA to do this for you, is it worth it?