What's new

Pardigm Speaker Prices, Canadian Dollars (1 Viewer)

Allan_Tee

Auditioning
Does anyone know if it is worth going into Canada to pick up Paradigm speakers? May go up to visit some family/friends and "surprise" my wife by getting some speakers....e.g. Studio 20's and 40's ?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I can say is PSB speaker prices are the same number in can$ over here in Canada as they are in us$ over there in the us. Paradigm is similar. That would equate to a savings of about 40%.

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree with Neil.
Allan, just perform a search on Paradigm prices on this forum and you will see that other people have asked the same question. This is one specific area that the roles are reversed and Canadians get a break on audio equipment.
As an aside, I bought my Studio 60v2 black ash laminate dealer demo for $700 US.

Ed Haze

Agent
Definitely worth it to buy in Canada. I recently scored a set of Studio 40s in Rosenut Veneer and the Studio CC for $1425 CA, or about $930 US. Those numbers are after taxes! My local B&M dealer quoted me at $1500 for the same set-up(before taxes). I did need to shop around though as I found some dealers were more willing to haggle than others.

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
Check out Axiom as well. I think it would definitely be worth your while to purchase speakers from a Canadian factory/retailer.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Definitely worth it to buy in Canada. I recently scored a set of Studio 40s in Rosenut Veneer and the Studio CC for $1425 CA, or about $930 US. Those numbers are after taxes! My local B&M dealer quoted me at $1500 for the same set-up(before taxes).
Allan,

In the past three months, I purchased a Pair of 40's in the Rosenut Laminate finish for $700. A reference center was $415. Have to add 6% sales tax to this number.

It's worth it to cross the border and combine business with pleasure and buy those Paradigms. There are lots of threads on here about the process so you might want to do a search on the topic.

Good luck and have a Molson!!!
Charles

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
For those in the know (accountants), US residents who purchase Canadian goods may be eligible to re-claim the GST tax that they paid on the original purchase. But if you pay your local CPA to do this for you, is it worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks