What's new

Paramount Announces Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Fall 2012 (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Paramount is finally taking steps to climb out of their hole - they have new management and the people that prevented the studio from running properly are no longer associated with the studio. While nothing in life is guaranteed, I think they may be able to recover.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The biggest thing for me is that the fifth movie is coming out in July 2020 (?) so there's no way that they aren't waiting until around then to release the others on UHD.

It was pushed back a year to 2021 so that it could be rewritten by Jonathan Kasdan, who also co-wrote Solo and came up with the "how Han got his name" scene. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, Spielberg is doing West Side Story. After that, we'll see if they manage to make it or find another reason to delay it. There was a time when it was set for 2019, I think, but obviously that's not happening.

If they wait until 2021 to release the others on UHD, that's a long wait and they'd be deferring some money from fans who would likely purchase the set sooner.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I wonder if the fifth film will ever get made. How much longer can they keep pushing it back? Harrison Ford is pushing 80 - a little too old to be jumping off trucks.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I still think Young Indiana Jones should be rebooted into a true adventure series (I liked the originals but they were sort of an "educational tool". Harrison Ford could now play "old Indy" that introduced and closed each show. haha

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have have purchased these movies on laser disc, dvd and blu-ray over the years. I would purchase Indiana Jones: And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark & Indiana Jones: And The Last Crusade on 4K blu-ray as those are the only two I am willing to purchase one last time.

IMG_2719aa.jpg

20190202_184858a.jpg

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I have have purchased these movies on laser disc, dvd and blu-ray over the years. I would purchase Indiana Jones: And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark & Indiana Jones: And The Last Crusade on 4K blu-ray as those are the only two I am willing to purchase one last time.

View attachment 54863
View attachment 54864

Chances are your only choice will all four films in one UHD Blu-ray package.

Really now, you don’t like IJ-KOTCS? I mean what’s not to like? A tough guy greaser morphs into Tarzan before our eyes. Action filmmaking at its finest. Right up there with a real Tarzan movie (the Johnny Weiss..., I mean the Bo Derek version).

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Already have the set on Blu-ray and the 1st and 3rd films are the two I really like the most and willing to purchase over again. If the only way to get them is to get them in a UHD set then so be it, rofl.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I'm with you on this one, Dave. I would buy the first and third films on UHD disc in a heartbeat, but I do not want to spend money on the other two or have them on my shelves ever again. If Paramount handles this franchise similar to Universal's handling of Jurassic Park, I may end up just buying the 4K versions of those two films in a streaming format. I did that with the first Jurassic Park film when it dropped to $5 rather than spending money for a boxed set of films I didn't want.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have the Blu ray set. Having seen each film in the theatre originally and then 75 bazillion times on Beta, VHS, DVD and Blu, I am not really interested in ever seeing them again, so no upgrade for me!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I’ll spring for the original trilogy. I don’t love two as much as one and three but I still like it. Four to me...that was Spielberg’s equivalent of Lucas’s Prequel Trilogy :P

Shots fired! :rolling-smiley:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I actually prefer Last Crusade to Raiders but they are both heads above the other two. Only one I didn't see theatrically was Temple of Doom. I was still fairly young at the time and Mom had heard of the dinner table sequence as well as hearts getting ripped out of chests. It was a no go from the beginning. haha

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
The Temple Of Doom will always be special to me. I'll always remember it as a movie that dad took me and my brother too when my mom had some sort of girls night out. He knew we were too young to see it so we couldn't tell her about it. Istill don't think she knows. Funny, that theater has been a church for at least 20 years. So long ago now!

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I tried watching Temple again and after about the 4th whiny ass screaming by Kate Capshaw, which only 15 minutes in, I had to shut it off.

She really ruined the movie.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
IDK, I still love the inflatable raft coming out of the crashing plane scene! That and the mine cart sequence and Indy cutting the rope bridge in half. Such cool special effects that still look good even now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks