What's new

Paramount Announces Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Fall 2012 (2 Viewers)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by cineMANIAC /t/318936/paramount-announces-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-fall-2012/210#post_3959514
I still don't know if I can get rid of the last DVD box set. Is anything NOT ported over?

Looks like they've actually kept everything this time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lord Dalek said:
Looks like they've actually kept everything this time.
And unless I'm mistaken, they're even including the featurette from the Best Buy bonus disc from the first DVD set. At least that's what I'm assuming that
•The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary previously unavailable on DVD)
is. Either way, I'm waiting until I have the Blu-ray so I can be positive that everything is ported over.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The 1981 documentary is a full length 50-minute special that's been available on laserdisc and VHS. The Best Buy disc was a 15 minute edited-down version. While it's cool it's being included, it looks like they've decided not to include the accompanying "Great Movie Stunts" special for Raiders, as well as the corresponding specials for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.
Here's the DVD extras that don't appear on the list:
Raiders of the Lost Ark (from the non-trilogy release)
"Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Introduction" Featurette (7:47)
"Indiana Jones: An Appreciation" Featurette (11:40)
Storyboards: The Well of the Souls (4:16)
Galleries: Illustrations and Props (110 images), Production Photographs and Portraits (190 images), Effects/ILM (94 images), Marketing (46 images)
Temple of Doom (from the non-trilogy release)
"The Temple of Doom: An Introduction" (5:59)
Storyboards: The Mine Cart Chase (2:31)
Galleries: Illustrations & Props (52 images), Production Photographs & Portraits (118 images), Effects/ILM (40 images), Marketing (34 images)
Last Crusade (from the non-trilogy release)
"The Last Crusade: An Introduction" (6:13)
Storyboards: The Opening Scene (3:40)
Galleries: Illustrations and Props (110 images), Production Photographs and Portraits (190 images), Effects/ILM (94 images), Marketing (46 images)
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
“The Return of a Legend” Featurette (17:34) (from disc 1 of the BD)
“Pre-Production” Featurette (11:44) (from disc 1 of the BD)
“Warrior Makeup” Featurette (5:34) (from disc 2 of the BD)
“The Crystal Skulls” Featurette (10:10) (from disc 2 of the BD)
“Closing: Team Indy” Featurette (3:41) (from disc 2 of the BD)
Pre-Visualization Sequences: Area 51 Escape (3:51), Jungle Chase (5:47), Ant Attack (4:39) (from disc 2 of the BD)
Galleries: (from disc 2 of the BD)
  • The Art Department: The Adventure Begins (29 images), Cemetary and Jungle (38 images), Akator (101 images)
  • Stan Winston Studio: Corpses, Skeletons & Mummies (34 images), Aliens & Crystal Skulls (42 images)
  • Production Photographs (72 images)
  • Portraits (63 images)
  • Behind-the-Scenes Photographs (39 images)

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Uh, I gotta ask...what's the point of even including the 4th film in this set? Quality of the film strictly aside, it has a comprehensive Blu-ray release that fans likely already own, and it's now tacked-on here missing half its extras from said release. Pointedly gone are the development and pre-production materials, which I frankly thought were the most interesting things on that 2-disc set (movie included). Would that space on the bonus disc here not have been better used retaining (and expanding) the older trilogy's still galleries and adding more vintage documentaries? This set looks about 90% there as being definitive for the first three films, yet adds absolutely nothing for the last film. Curious decision-making...

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I hate to say this but since there are no deleted scenes and the other 2 movies didn't get much attention, I'm going to cancel my preorder. I still plan on owning it someday. I'll just put it on my Christmas list and wait. Sad. I am off the week it comes out and was looking forward to it but this just isn't a must own on day one now.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Amazon now have the collectors edition pictures up (this will no doubt be shipping early in the next 2 week or so if not sooner) not as lame as I expected so I caved as its Indy & I love Indy I will pre-order this instead of the std version but still do not care for the video extras much they seem very light on new content I guess Lucas/Spielberg/Ford did not have much left to say on the subject I wish Paramount/Lucasfilm had contacted the good folks who did the Blade Runner & Alien Anthology blurays its not like Indy did not deserve the same level of care/attention/no expense spared.
7d00ae01_916qEjJWBCL._AA1500_.jpeg

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Amazon UK have already sold out their initial allocation which is why no price but its around the £59.95 mark give or take a few pence. So either Amazon UK will get more copies to sell or others will lose their allocation & it gets passed onto Amazon UK is how it usually works I believe.
If you live in a region which is not getting this CE try either www.hmv.co.uk or www.zaavi.co.uk (used to be part of the Virgin Megastore chain until they were sold to zaavi in a management buyout) both still have pre-order stock left its approx £60 + whatever shipping/import taxes to your region.
http://www.amazon.de/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Amazon/dp/B008FN6VT8/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1346581755&sr=1-3
Is the Amazon Germany exclusive steelbook set its the best one but €79.99 + shipping/taxes so not cheap wherever you live!

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
A lucky italian fan has posted some pics of their std box set in great detail so you can see all the packaging clearly.
http://www.mubis.es/articulos/fotografias-de-indiana-jones-las-aventuras-completas-blu-ray
Amazon Italy also doing a Steelbook version!
http://www.amazon.it/Indiana-Jones-La-Quadrilogia-Steelbook/dp/B0094CN43U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1346953912&sr=8-5

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Paul_Warren /t/318936/paramount-announces-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-fall-2012/210#post_3971258
A lucky italian fan has posted some pics of their std box set in great detail so you can see all the packaging clearly.
http://www.mubis.es/articulos/fotografias-de-indiana-jones-las-aventuras-completas-blu-ray
Amazon Italy also doing a Steelbook version!
http://www.amazon.it/Indiana-Jones-La-Quadrilogia-Steelbook/dp/B0094CN43U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1346953912&sr=8-5
I note the BBFC 12 certificate on Temple Of Doom, this must be identical to the discs we in the UK will get, artwork will obviously be in english though.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
FoxyMulder said:
I note the BBFC 12 certificate on Temple Of Doom, this must be identical to the discs we in the UK will get, artwork will obviously be in english though.
If TOD & the other movies are not fully uncut Amazon will get a return package from me by return post!! (as they advertise them as uncut for the 1st time).

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Paul_Warren /t/318936/paramount-announces-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-fall-2012/210#post_3971654
If TOD & the other movies are not fully uncut Amazon will get a return package from me by return post!! (as they advertise them as uncut for the 1st time).

They are uncut, the BBFC re-classified the second film after Paramount submitted it in the uncut form hence the new 12 certificate for Temple Of Doom so no worries there.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
FoxyMulder said:
They are uncut, the BBFC re-classified the second film after Paramount submitted it in the uncut form hence the new 12 certificate for Temple Of Doom so no worries there.
Good old BBFC :eek: I saw it theatrically in the THX screen1 @ the Empire Leicester Square in 1984 PG rated fully uncut!!!!
Netherlands is shipping this early now their release date is sometime next week before US & Italy will also be shipping before US apparently the copies are turning up in the retail channel already so expect plenty of advance word on PQ in the next week or so still amazed Paramount want to wait almost a month before releasing this in UK :(

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Someone posted details pics of their US Std packaging its not too bad actually.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=6437108&postcount=4461
I expect BD reviews in the enxt 2-3 days plenty of people ahve these sets early now!

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Good news is all 3 original movies look great :D This is going to be a real treat for those who never had the pleasure of seeing them theatrically back in the 1980s :D
http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?art=part&action=1&image=1&cID=1273&cap1=14342&cap2=14326&lossless=&x=798&y=331#vergleich
http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?art=part&cap1=14373&cap2=14357&cID=1274&lossless=&image=0#auswahl
http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?art=part&cap1=14405&cap2=14389&cID=1275&lossless=&image=0#auswahl

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks