What's new

Paradyme??! (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Sure does have a lot of drivers! Paradigm could always write a legal letter indicating trademark violations and send it off to ebay.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure exactly what the laws are, but Microsoft recently won a case against Lindows just because the name is so similar and they were for directly competing products. I would think the same would apply in this situation.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
So if I license my company as "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 1234567890 LTD" could I sue everybody else because they're using some kind of iteration of my company name? :D

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

The trademark law basically asks whether there is likely going to be confusion among consumers. I guess they found Lindows could be confused with Windows (especially since they are directly competing). I can see how there would be confusion between Paradigm and Paradyme (especially if they both make speakers).

Matt

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

All speakers are - impedance changes with frequency. In this case though, I think these guys just had no idea what they were talking about. :)

They look like they are worth a pair of dimes :D I'll bid TWENTY CENTS.

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.paradyme.com/

Paradyme is a local home theatre store in the Sacramento, CA area. They've had through the years many calls for these "Paradyme" speakers directed at them, when they have nothing to do with this "knock off" company.

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
There must be like 50 or so different "brand" names for the speakers that are oozing out of some factory somewhere (must be somewhere in the Orient), and they slap the same sticker above the binding posts on all of them that always has "LARGE MAGNET STRUCTURE" on it, along with some other useless specs.

They must take us for a buncha friggin' morons. But then again there are people buying these things. Browsing Ebay for speakers is getting sickening because it's totally infested with this junk.

Be on the lookout for "Inphinitee" speakers.

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
Printed in bold letters on some of the tweeters on these things is "SUPER BULLET TWERTER" Yep, they can't even spell right.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
well the bid right now is 35 dollars. I think i might up that to 36 i could use those cabinets. ofcourse my drivers would probably get some kind of desease or something.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Next, somebody will come up with Paradiggum speakers — some outfit with little knowledge of English, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks