What's new

Paradigm100 V.3 0r Veritas 2.4? (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I have been saving for my Veritas 2.4 for a couple of weeks now, I am pretty much in love with them, but I came across some great reviews on the Paradigm 100 (V3) and I am wondering if anybody owns a pair or has heard them. Maybe taking a little longer to buy and searching a little more will pay off, I mean, The reviews are just incredible on the paradigms.
Has anybody had a chance to listen to both of them?

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Well, they're both really good Canadian made speakers. Whatever difference there will be, will be pretty minor I would say and your own taste is the only real deciding factor. I know what you're going through though. You're ready to drop a fair chunk of change and all of a sudden you're getting cold feet! :) Well, not sure what to say, but if you really need to prove to yourself that the Veritas are your favorite speakers, then you're just gonna have to track down a pair of v3 Studios and hear them out!

Btw, have you listened at all to the v2 Studio100s? If so, what were your thoughts on those in comparison to the Veritas?

- Mike

Luis M

Second Unit
I have not listened to a pair of paradigms ever.
"I know what you're going through though. You're ready to drop a fair chunk of change and all of a sudden you're getting cold feet"

Actually no, I am honestly confused. I don't want to spend an extra $1,000 on the Veritas 2.4 if the paradigms are about the same quality sound-wise. I have heard the veritas and they sound great and look well built but I think it's better if I give other brands a chance before deciding. I have made the mistake of buying on impulse before without shopping around.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Well then, the Studio 100's really do sound great. Unfortunately I haven't compared them directly with the Veritas, although I have listened to the Veritas on one occasion. THey're both really good speakers, but I couldn't really say which is better without a proper A/B comparison - my sonic memory is just not that good. I take it there aren't any Paradigm dealerships in your area?

- Mike

Luis M

Second Unit
I haven't checked for paradigm dealers in the area, I just found out about this specific model yesterday. I guess I will have to pay a visit to a dealer near me to find out for myself.

Scott_N

Second Unit
I can't tell you about the V3's because I haven't heard them but I did own 100v2's and I would say the 2.4's have a smoother and much more refined top end and a clearer midrange IMO. Another good speaker in that price range is the Revel F30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks