What's new

Paradigm Studio 20's plus H/K AVR525... (1 Viewer)

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Wattage is not a problem, since most of the wattage going into the higher terminals is going to be dissipated in the speakers' crossovers anyway, you're better off with the lower wattage amplifier going in the top. This is why (w/o a crossover early on in the signal path) you won't actually be getting 170 wpc doing it the way MikeRP suggests.

Me

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Looking for some advice / thoughts.

I have a set of Mirage M7-si towers for my front L&R. These are capable of being biamped.

For HT I run them as small and let my SVS do the bass work.

For Music (rare) I run them as large, although I am going to try the sub (just got it) with music this weekend.

So my situation is:

1) Do I run the towers as SMALL with the 100 wpc from the 2000, and leave the 525 to power the centre, SR,SBR,SL,and SBL speakers.

2) Do I run the towers as LARGE with the 100 wpc from the 2000, and leave the 525 to power the centre, SR,SBR,SL,and SBL speakers.

3) Do I run the towers as LARGE and biamp them with the 2000 & 525.

4) - doubt this one is good option - run the towers as SMALL and biamp them with the 2000 & 525.

Any advice / thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, believe it or not, all 4 options have benefits. For instance, there are people (including some over at secrets) that believe having the subwoofer handle most bass is a good thing. Others believe exactly the opposite. The benefits to bi-amping are basically more sound with less distortion. However, these are small benefits, and you'll have to work harder to get levels correct.

I personally would do 3 (or maybe 4, if the Secrets folks convinced me), but that's because bi-amping is fun, and I'd enjoy trying to get the levels matched between the two amplifiers on the same speakers.

Me

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like I have some experimenting to do! Should be fun. SPL meter is on the way. This could get expensive speaker cable wise!

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks