What's new

Paradigm MiniMonitors, cc370 and adp 170 new for $1000. Can I do any better? (1 Viewer)

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
The difference? Considerable quality. The drivers are better; the cabinets are of better construction; and the cross-overs are more sophisticated. You are making a smart choice buying used Reference rather than new Monitor series. It's what I did. There is a small risk, but most stuff you buy from audiophiles is pristine. Check out www.audiogon.com and enter Paradigm into the search prompt. There is some nice stuff up right now.
I recommend Studio 40's for fronts with the Studio-CC center. The Studio-ADP's are awesome, but expensive new, and tough to find used. You would do fine with ADP-170's or 370's though. If not, go with a pair of Titan surrounds until you can afford dipoles.

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
They seem to be a little pricey, maybe ill try and find some mini monitors used. Anyone else with opinions?

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Don't know, but I just sold my mini monitors with monster speaker cables for $280..so you can expect to pay about that if you're going used (in good condition)...though ebay has some as low as $220.

-ELmO

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
man el, whoever you sold those to you sure did rip them off. They sell for around 300 new and Id sure want more than a 10% difference between new and used. Just my 2 pennies though.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I know what you're saying, but that's what Ebay is good for.

I just put up mini monitors and a center and they both were sold in a few hours.

I actually think a lot of people don't have a paradigm dealer close to them, or they also want one either broken in - or nearly new but at a cheaper price. I listed them as I had the speakers for only 10 days, which is true (showed a photo copied receipt) - though they would never really know.

-ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks