What's new

Paradigm DSP-3200 vs SVS PB12-NSD? (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by DaveF

The sub's performance was nothing I've heard in a home before. Rich, deep, clothing-moving performance. And perfectly integrated with the surround speakers. It was gorgeous at times. And movies were a different experience. I hope to capture some bit of that with my upgrade.

Oh, I evny you. I would love to audition an SVS system, BTW, which sub was it that you listened to?
I see you decided to go with the cylinder sub after all, what led to your decision?

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
The SVS subs are truly amazing. My bud has one of the cylinders (not sure of model) with their big Samson amp. It really is a different experience, even at low volume levels.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It was a pair of what I think were PB12-Ultra/2 subs.

My contact has sold me on the PC12-Plus based on purported performance. I'd prefer a box sub, but they don't fit my living room. The Paradigm DSP-3200 would just squeeze into one corner. Even the smallest SVS box sub is about several inches larger on all sides and simply won't fit anywhere. The cylinder, with its 16" diameter, has a smaller footprint than even the Paradigm sub. My wife doesn't find it attractive, but will allow it :) and we can choose from three corners to try to hide it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF Nice.

I am going to be so envious when you get this all in place. In the meantime, just so you know, I am having a blast living vicariously through your experience.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon !
There is another solution if you are willing to wait and shell out mo money, SVS is set to roll out their sealed subs, which have a smaller footprint but are more expensive than the ported box, see here:http://www.svsound.com/products/7_SVS_SBSeriesSheetCES10Web.pdf

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd invite you over for a listen after I do whatever upgrade I finally choose, but I think you're a bit far away

mylan

Screenwriter
Well, at least Mike is in the same state, I am all the way down in Atlanta so you'll just have to write more reviews once you get it all set up.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Related to the subwoofer purchase -- anyone every bought a sub sight-unseen from an individual via an enthusiast's forum. I found a used PC13-Ultra for a good price on a forum listing. The price is tempting, but the purchase mechanism is offputting. Curious for others' thoughts / experience.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've bought and sold things here. When buying, I make sure the person isn't new. When selling, I assure the buyer that I don't want my long standing reputation smeared here. I've invested 10 years of my life on this site spreading the joy of home theater. Any transaction with me will be upfront and honest. That's just my thought process behind the different For Sale sections of forums I visit.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Related to the subwoofer purchase -- anyone every bought a sub sight-unseen from an individual via an enthusiast's forum.
Ask if he/she has a history on ebay and if so what's the user-name. Then check their feed-back and history. Buying used can be a gamble but the results can also be phenominal.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's actually an offer through the AVS used market (not eBay or HTF). That's unfamiliar territory to me. Even if it was a comfortable eBay sale, the sub is 46" tall, which might push WAF to DEFCON 1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks