What's new

Panasonic UB40, er UB450 deck decloaks at CES (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1546885525

The new DP-UB450 UHD Blu-ray player is a more affordable option for those buyers who seek wide support for HDR formats. Like the more expensive UB9000 and UB820, UB450 supports both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, in addition to the base HDR10 format.

Panasonic DP-UB450
Picture quality
- Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playback (4K/HDR)
- Supports HDR10+ dynamic metadata technology
- Supports Dolby Vision
- 4K 60p/50p/4:4:4 output
- 4K video / 4K JPEG playback
- Full HD 3D Blu-ray disc playback

Sound quality
- High-Resolution Audio playback (DSD (11.2MHz/5.6MHz/2.8MHz), ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF)
- Twin HDMI Pure AV (isolated twin output)
- Digital audio output (coaxial)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I will be interested to see the pricing on the UB450. Since I have waited this long to pull the trigger on the current UB820, I may as well wait a little longer to see how this model shakes out for my upgrade to a Dolby Vision capable player.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It looks like Sony is coming out with a X800M2, as well. Supposedly adding Dolby Vision support to the original X800 and retaining both SACD and DVD-Audio playback capabilities. I will have to compare pricing and performance between the UB450 and X800M2. I currently own the original X800, and it's nice to have the SACD/DVD-A capability, as my Oppo 980H is getting long in the tooth.

YANG

Screenwriter
I will be interested to see the pricing on the UB450. Since I have waited this long to pull the trigger on the current UB820, I may as well wait a little longer to see how this model shakes out for my upgrade to a Dolby Vision capable player.
UB450 is now available for export to U.S as well as other countries from UK.
https://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Pa..._-_DP-UB450EB-K&product_id=4631&choice_type=1
Note that the price is inclusive of UK VAT, unlike German e-tailers, will not be removed even if shipped overseas.

DVD play region hacked sets available, but not hacked for FHD BluRays.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess my question is if the UB450 has the optimizer. I would most likely be getting a UHD player before I have a 4K display. Since it's not mentioned, I doubt it has it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
UB450 is now available for export to U.S as well as other countries from UK.
https://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Pa..._-_DP-UB450EB-K&product_id=4631&choice_type=1
Note that the price is inclusive of UK VAT, unlike German e-tailers, will not be removed even if shipped overseas.

DVD play region hacked sets available, but not hacked for FHD BluRays.
Thanks, but I recently pulled the trigger on a Panasonic UB820 when Value Electronics had it on sale. So far, I have been happy with the player, although I have not had as much chance to use it as I would like.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members