What's new

Panasonic UB40, er UB450 deck decloaks at CES (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1546885525

The new DP-UB450 UHD Blu-ray player is a more affordable option for those buyers who seek wide support for HDR formats. Like the more expensive UB9000 and UB820, UB450 supports both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, in addition to the base HDR10 format.

Panasonic DP-UB450
Picture quality
- Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playback (4K/HDR)
- Supports HDR10+ dynamic metadata technology
- Supports Dolby Vision
- 4K 60p/50p/4:4:4 output
- 4K video / 4K JPEG playback
- Full HD 3D Blu-ray disc playback

Sound quality
- High-Resolution Audio playback (DSD (11.2MHz/5.6MHz/2.8MHz), ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF)
- Twin HDMI Pure AV (isolated twin output)
- Digital audio output (coaxial)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I will be interested to see the pricing on the UB450. Since I have waited this long to pull the trigger on the current UB820, I may as well wait a little longer to see how this model shakes out for my upgrade to a Dolby Vision capable player.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It looks like Sony is coming out with a X800M2, as well. Supposedly adding Dolby Vision support to the original X800 and retaining both SACD and DVD-Audio playback capabilities. I will have to compare pricing and performance between the UB450 and X800M2. I currently own the original X800, and it's nice to have the SACD/DVD-A capability, as my Oppo 980H is getting long in the tooth.

YANG

Screenwriter
I will be interested to see the pricing on the UB450. Since I have waited this long to pull the trigger on the current UB820, I may as well wait a little longer to see how this model shakes out for my upgrade to a Dolby Vision capable player.
UB450 is now available for export to U.S as well as other countries from UK.
https://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Pa..._-_DP-UB450EB-K&product_id=4631&choice_type=1
Note that the price is inclusive of UK VAT, unlike German e-tailers, will not be removed even if shipped overseas.

DVD play region hacked sets available, but not hacked for FHD BluRays.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess my question is if the UB450 has the optimizer. I would most likely be getting a UHD player before I have a 4K display. Since it's not mentioned, I doubt it has it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
UB450 is now available for export to U.S as well as other countries from UK.
https://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Pa..._-_DP-UB450EB-K&product_id=4631&choice_type=1
Note that the price is inclusive of UK VAT, unlike German e-tailers, will not be removed even if shipped overseas.

DVD play region hacked sets available, but not hacked for FHD BluRays.
Thanks, but I recently pulled the trigger on a Panasonic UB820 when Value Electronics had it on sale. So far, I have been happy with the player, although I have not had as much chance to use it as I would like.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks