What's new

Panasonic PT-45LC12 LCD? (1 Viewer)

AndyDL

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
I saw a 45" Panasonic PT-45LC12 LCD/DLP at The Great Indoors yesterday and it looked awesome.
I've been searching this topic and no one seems to have mentioned anything on it.
From what I understand is that burn-in is not an issue, since it is an LCD.. correct?
The only real issue I've seen with LCDs is that the black level is a bit weak. Surely some tweaking might help though, right?
How are the stretch modes? Or just on the Panasonic overall?
Thoughts, opinions, rants, flames.. all welcome. :)
Andy

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also interested in the Panasonic LCD. Not very many people have them it seems. Burn in is not an issue. Bulb life is for 3000 hours and it cost 300 dollars to replace it unless you have the extra warranty to cover it and the pixels as well.

I saw it briefly and I will look again at the black levels. From what I saw it had nice color, contrast and and good detail. I didn't play with the settings however.

If I'm sitting 11 feet away and in the pitch dark I might not be able to tell if it's not black, I hope.

I am mostly interested in it becasue it doesn't have those horizontal line problems. I also like the fact that it doesn't need to be reconverged every couple weeks.

Glad to see others are impressed with it so far.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
FYI: there is a decent amount of discussion of these sets over in the AVS forums in the rear projection areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks