What's new

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I may be very well be buying this 4K blu-ray player next year. This year is a Marantz SR-8012 and next year this player then I need to decide if I am going with a projector or just moving to a 80" - 85" 4K display.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Love your receiver choice. It one of the three receivers that can be hardware upgraded to HDMI 2.1 with the full 48Gbps bandwidth and all of the specs and features of HDMI 21.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, we are factory direct Marantz and Denon Showcase Reference dealers.

The only receivers that I know of that are hardware upgradable are Marantz's SR8012, 11.2 channel receiver, Marantz's pre-pro processor the AV8805 and Denon's AVR-X8500H 13.2 channel receiver.

Marantz will begin to offer HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrades as soon as HDMI chipsets become available and have passed q/c, which is expected by the end of this year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, we are factory direct Marantz and Denon Showcase Reference dealers.

The only receivers that I know of that are hardware upgradable are Marantz's SR8012, 11.2 channel receiver, Marantz's pre-pro processor the AV8805 and Denon's AVR-X8500H 13.2 channel receiver.

Marantz will begin to offer HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrades as soon as HDMI chipsets become available and have passed q/c, which is expected by the end of this year.
I'm seriously looking at the SR8012 receiver right now for an upgrade over my Yamaha 3060 receiver.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Well, I am very happy to report that we'll be bring in the DP-UB9000 for USA distribution!

Literally one moment ago Panasonic confirmed my 1st and 2nd allocations for the UB9000! Early December for the 1st allotment and one month later for each additional shipment.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I guess the UB900 is no longer available. I like the backlit remote, the 820 doesn't have.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A bit pricey, but you could always buy one separately to use with the 820:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Panaso...-UB900-Blu-ray-Player-US-Seller-/323028849335
Why not just buy a universal remote? A Harmony 650 is under $50 and will allow you to control every component from a single remote. No more coffee table full of remotes.

I never did understand people who complain about OEM remotes that come with equipment. We spend a lot of money on displays, source components, receivers, speakers, etc. Why put up with doing the "remote shuffle" when a system can be operated so much easier via a single universal remote for the cost of a couple of movies on disc. All my OEM remotes for my equipment in my home theater are packed away with the batteries removed.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Couldn't agree more Scott, but some folks just prefer to use the original remotes with their gear.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Well, I am very happy to report that we'll be bring in the DP-UB9000 for USA distribution!

Literally one moment ago Panasonic confirmed my 1st and 2nd allocations for the UB9000! Early December for the 1st allotment and one month later for each additional shipment.

I am on Robert's waiting list for the UB9000. What I don't know is if I'm in the group that will get one from the December allocation or if I'll have to wait for the January allocation. If I've got to wait beyond December, Santa won't be happy. :)

Robert, I shot you two emails to ask but didn't get a response. Could you please check? Pretty please? I'll give you a credit card number NOW if necessary.

Mark

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Mark, you are very close to the 1st allocation cut off. We're waiting for all of the folks who have reservations to get back to us. If a few give up the position you will move into the December allocation.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Mark, you are very close to the 1st allocation cut off. We're waiting for all of the folks who have reservations to get back to us. If a few give up the position you will move into the December allocation.

Okay slackers, please don't reply to Robert so I have a chance at your spot! :)

It will be tough to wait until January. I almost pulled the trigger on an open-box UB820 at a local Best Buy a couple of weeks ago but I want the UB9000 so I'll wait for the UB9000. Fingers crossed that others weakened and got the UB820. :)

Mark

Britton

Screenwriter
I don’t have a 4K set, but would there even be a point in getting one of these units and outputting at 1080p? I really want to get Superman: The Movie for that lossy 5.1 track that isn’t available on the Blu-Ray. I just don’t want a completely dark picture since my TV obviously doesn’t do HDR.

Britton

Screenwriter
I don’t have a 4K set, but would there even be a point in getting one of these units and outputting at 1080p? I really want to get Superman: The Movie for that lossy 5.1 track that isn’t available on the Blu-Ray. I just don’t want a completely dark picture since my TV obviously doesn’t do HDR.

Bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks