What's new

Panasonic DMR-ES15S? (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
What does anyone know about the Panasonic DMR-ES15S? Found it online at Best Buy, (might pick it up in the store). Also, found some reviews online and they sound good. Just had another shows recording messed up because either the tape went bad or the VCR ate it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've been looking at the same one. Read some good reviews and it seems to have all the features I would want. What is the price at Best Buy? Amazon lists it for $130.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Price there is supposed to be $139. I saw it online, will probably go see it in the store today, I hope. In this case I'd rather pay a bit more to buy B&M so it's easier to return/exchange if need be. I did read 1 review that said he couldn't get it to work with DVD+RW. That would concern me because, if I can't get the DVD-RAM from this unit to playback in my Pioneer Player, then I would probably want to use DVD+RW for recording TV shows I time shift.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Best Buy had it $131 plus tax.
Pretty good so far. A little difficulty in setting up. Partly because I was in a rush to get done in time to record RAINES, (which I actually didn't make so I used the VCR on my main system).

1. Apparently, you can't just connect coax in/coax out and see the menus. I could see the TV program being fed from my cable box, but had to hook up component to the TV to see the menus, set the timer recording, etc.

2. Copied on the DVD-RAM but couldn't play that in either of my 2 Pioneer DVD players.

3. Copied onto DVD+RW and I was able to play that on my DVD Player.

I'm really liking this recorder. Much better quality than my VHS copies, easier to skip commercials. Also, I use +RW and it says I have to CREATE TOP MENU to play them in another player. Actually that is not quite true. I can play them in another player w/o doing this, but then it starts right on the first show I recorded, the next show is title 2, (have to hit next chapter button, 3rd show is title 3, (have to hit next chapter button again). So I actually do let it make the TOP MENU, which just makes playback/selection easier on the other player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks