What's new

Panasonic Convergence ..... (1 Viewer)

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
HELLO ALL ... I purchased the PT47WX51 ...... and love the TV ...... and was addicted the the service menu for a while ..... now everything is fine and dandy with the TV ....... geometry and proportion are perfect but in coarse and fine modes the lines on the red gun and blue guns seem to be thinker on one side than the other ...... im assuming its not focused .... any input to this situation ..... i know .... well confident enough to know that it can be adjusted again ..... but just worried as to whether or not adjustin all the time can hurt the tv

ive spent a total of three hours on and off so far .....

thanks ........

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Mark, what you are describing is not uncommon with RPTVs. You are correct in assuming it can be corrected by a focus adjustment (sort of). Once electronic focus is performed, then do a mechanical focus of each gun. With a MF, your goal is to have each gun uniformily focused across the screen, which is not necessarily the same as having the focus at its sharpest point. You will have to make a compromise.

If you want assistance I will be doing a NW tour in early February.

Gregg Loewen

Video Calbrationist

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Mark, I've seen this frequently enough on the PT-47. A traditional manual focus isn't enough to fix it either. If you're really getting into the tweaking thing, try placing a washer between the lens and the mounting plate on the 2 inside screws of each lens. This will change the angle of the lens and make the focus more uniform. You might have to play with different washers or multiple washers to make it perfect.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Doing an offset, such as suggested by Johnny, is good solution, but has the potential to open up a whole can of worms such as severe convergence problems. Id try adjusting the mechanical focus first (go for a compromise on your focus).

FWIW,

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks