What's new

Pana Plasma CableCard Problem - HELP ! (1 Viewer)

Christopher1963

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Panasonic Plasma, Model TH-42PX600U
Digital cable provider: Time Warner Digital Cable

Decided to eliminate the cable box and go with a CableCard (one of the reasons I bought this model), so ran down to the local Time Warner office and picked up the card for this specific television. Brought it home, plugged it in, spoke with TWC on the phone, they did their download 'thing' - but I'm missing the majority of the channels above 99 - I receive about 8-10 digital channels in the 300 series, but Ch 110 for instance (Fox Soccer) is only a blank screen (although 110 FSC appears briefly in the upper left hand corner) with an audio loop best described as "bip bip bip bip..." Other channels will show the 'call sign' briefly (342 Noggin, for example), but no image or sound. Took the card back to TWC (thinking the card was at fault), got another, plugged it in, spoke with TWC, they again did their download thing - same result. Spoke with Panasonic customer service - they could discern no problem (firmware appears to be up to date), and told me they'd research and call me back within "24-72 hours".

Is there something I'm missing here ? is there some hidden menu item that will allow the viewing of ALL my channels ? Note: the TV does not allow me to que up 'autoprogramming' of channels, only manual input, and a review of channels set shows all are available, but still no image or sound on 98% percent of every channel number over 100. I've tried 'RESET' but still no result. HELP !

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
it is most likely lack of signal strength. I have seen this problem before. Call TWC for a service call.

regards

gregg

Christopher1963

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks, Greg. The signal strength issue crossed my mind, but... everything worked fine with the set top box - does it take more 'juice' to power the signal through a CableCard ? And... the TV is getting a direct feed from the telephone pole - no splitters, no cuts, brand new cable run by TWC to the house. Would that preclude it being a signal strength issue ?

Much thanks for the quick response.

~C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks