What's new

Pamela Anderson says she has '10 years left' to live..... (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
If she only pursues homeopathy treatments, she'll have a lot less than that if her liver flares up again! Placebo treatments tend to be effective in the short term only.

Let's hope she still visits her doctor regularly.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
what's the quote from blade runner?

"the candle that burns twice as bright only burns half as long. and you have shone oh-so-brightly...."

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
She got an STD? I'm stunned! Is that 10-year prediction typical of other people, or is this a ploy for attention?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"I've got ten years to live."

"Maybe fifteen."

"It's scary,but lately I've been feeling great. For some reason, my liver keeps getting healthier."
-Pam "I can see livers" Anderson

I think she should layoff the homeopathic cocktails. They seem to be affecting more than her liver.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
While sympathetic to her condition, my guess is that this a ploy for attention. Her friends in the celebrity world will act like she's the first person to contract Hepatitis C, and she'll become a spokesperson for the disease. Considering the lifestyle she lived, some might find it difficult to tie themselves emotionally to her plight.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
"I've got ten years to live."
"Maybe fifteen."
"It's scary, but lately I've been feeling great. For some reason, my liver keeps getting healthier." - Anderson
Reading her quotes again, it seems somewhat strange for her to reveal all of this to the point of predicting her own demise. Does she want us to begin to change our perception of her now from sex goddess to "courageous celebrity in for the fight of her life". I'm so heartless. :frowning:

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I really don't like the way she looks, but this 'sex goddess' thing irks me. I am sure that she didn't label herself, but rather, the media did.

I've never heard of a 'sex goddess' telling the media to knock off the 'sex goddess' label. I mean, you'll end up with tons of more money being one, but now, some people are saying that we shouldn't feel sorry for her?

Please, remember that she is a human being, and hopefully will make the public more aware of hep C, and possibly lead to a cure.

Ok, I'm getting off of my high horse now. Feel free.

Glenn

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
She was a sex goddess before the boob job. Now she's just another has been with VD and big boobs. I remain unsympathetic to her plight.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
It's a real damm shame, but that's what you get for sharing needles with someone like Tommy Lee...:frowning:

Chris Derby

Second Unit
well, the whole pam anderson / hep c thing came out during the custody battle w/ tommy lee over their kids. that was in early 2002, i think, so its not like it is JUST being brought up.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Actually, Tommy Lee has publicly stated he doesn't have hep C. Maybe Kid Rock spread it to her, who knows....
Hell 10 years to live is a pretty good estimate for someone with her lifestyle.

J

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think the news story may be making her sound more like a drama-queen than she may really be. She probably was talking about the disease she has and just mentioned that she thinks she may have another 10-15 years to live.

Maybe she did the interview to let people know that she has the disease to show awareness. Having the media zone in on that one statement, it now sounds like she is going around telling everyone that she only has 10 years to live and everyone should feel sorry for her.

I will give Pam the benefit of the doubt and assume that the "10 year" remark wasn't meant to be the focus of her interview.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'm on the same wavelength as Mark here. It's too early to tell if she will go on a personal-crusade rampage or not.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Sounds like a book and a movie deal is upon us within 10 years. Nice fake breasts but I could careless about her... haha

-bruce

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've always wondered why it takes celebrities to bring about an awareness of a particular issue.
Probably because we view celebrities like we know them personally. We often feel close to them, so I think the awareness is kind of like the phrase "It hit home for me"

Kind of like any disease, you know it's out there, but it's easy to not care about it until someone you know gets it. The reason why celebs try to bring awareness is because some will think "Well, if someone like (insert celeb's name here) can get this disease, than anyone can."

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i dont wish that anyone gets hep c at all, but there are a lot of other diseases that are plenty worse. as far as her looks, i always thought she was one of the ugliest of the stars, her face is really not pretty at all.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks