What's new

PAL JOEY, Look & Sound (1 Viewer)

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
I'm thinking about buying this title and, since it's not exactly an inexpensive title, I would like some feedback on the transfer and sound. Thanks in advance.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
It's been a while since I watched it, but I thought it looked and sounded great. I was also extremely hesitant to buy it because of the price, but luckily found it on sale at Borders for 17.99.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
It's in pretty good shape although not really restored. Color is typical Columbia Pictures (which is not up to say, MGM) of the period and varies from scene to scene. Sound is mono. Songs are crisp sounding. Disc is both in full frame and OAR. Too bad the film wasn't made a few years later when it could have been less censored. it's watered down compared to the stage version. I'm a Sinatra fan and he's obviously well cast in the part.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Would you believe that I actually own an extra unopened copy of this dvd?:)
Crawdaddy

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The Pal Joey DVD looks just fine. Its the best I've ever seen it look but to be honest I've never been impressed with its look in any previous incarnations including theatrical, TV, laser disc etc. The color films of Columbia just don't seem to have that gorgeous color look that 20th Century Fox, MGM or even Universal and Paramount had in the 1950s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks