What's new

Oven Odor (1 Viewer)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Whenever, I turn on my gas oven, it emits a foul odor. There is no smell when it is turned off. I looked behind it and there are isn't anything. Is there a problem with the gas line or the oven itself?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not a gas leak somehow, is it? Gas smells like rotten eggs.

Or perhaps there's a dead mouse or something inside the oven walls. When you heat it up, it stinks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does it start to stink immediately or does it stink only after it has been heating for awhile? Are there any unusual noises prior to it heating up? It almost sounds like you might have a gas leak somewhere between the burner and the gas control valve.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
It takes a bit of time, but is usually pretty quick like a couple of minutes. It only happens for the oven not when I use the burners. My best bet, may be dead mouse somewhere.

Todd

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
A gas appliance does not smell "rotten". Methane gas perhaps. If it were a gas leak you'd smell it all the time, not just when it was turned on. You're probably cooking something that fell inside somewhere, could be old food, dead mouse, who knows. Maybe your cat took a shit in there...

- Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks