What's new

outside speakers (1 Viewer)

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
I like to know if outside speakers comes with powered amplifier in itself. I'm using it for my multi-room feature of my receiver. I was hoping not to buy a separate amp + the speakers. If yes, can you recommend a place to buy. Thanks a lot. :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
You can buy powered speakers, although I dunno if I have ever seen any specifically for "all weather" outdoor installs.

My first impulse would be that you wouldnt want powered outdoor speakers simply because it would involve running electricity to each location in addition to speaker cables, you'll need "all weather" amplifiers and run risk of electrical damage being in the environment. I would think having an amp indoors to power them would be preferrable on almost every front (less cable to run, less electrical risk, less expensive as I'm sure an "outdoor" approved amplifier would be twice as expensive).

In the end, buying powered speakers is usually as expensive, if not MORE expensive than buying a small amplifier and normal speakers! I think even a cheapo Radio Shack amp next to your receiver would be easier, cheaper and more convient than buying powered speakers for outdoor use.

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Vince...I do already have wires and wiring post done when I had the room addition constructed. I'll probably go the route you've just mentioned. I realized damaging the speakers in the long run wouldn't be economical.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I bought a nice pair of wireless speakers for my patio. They work great for cookouts etc...I hear they don't work well in big cities that have a lot of inteference though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks