What's new

Denon AVR-X2700H Web Browser Functionality (1 Viewer)

pws442

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Just got the Denon AVR-X2700H. Replaced a 15 year old 3808CI. Disappointed in the web browser control functions. I could control both zone volumes, and the second zone source before. I don't see that with the 2700; just a Setup page.
The Denon AVR Remote app is OK, but I don't always have my iPhone with me outside on the patio, where the Zone 2 speakers are located. I seem to always carry my laptop around however.
Am I missing something here? I have a screenshot of the Safari web page.

Attachments

• Denon AVR-X2700H Web Control cropped.png
    Denon AVR-X2700H Web Control cropped.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 65

pws442

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Nope. Not missing a thing. Denon has nada regarding web CONTROL, only SETUP. Have to use the app.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I use the app. I've never even been able to get the ip method to allow me access to either of my two Marantz receivers (same parent company). I mean, that's what the app is for.

FWIW, if you ever have one, the new M1 and M2 macbooks run iOS apps.

pws442

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
I use the "Denon AVR Remote" app from D&M Holdings on my iPhone. It works well. I have an Intel MacBook Pro and a M1 Mac mini that I used for the 3808CI; the IP-addressed web browser was clunky but functional. While I am aware of the Apple Silicon chips being able to run iOS apps, this app is not on the App Store. I downloaded the free "AV Remote - Simple Controls" app by the iconfactory to the M1; not very useful, but it turns on/off and adjusts volume. I would like something for the MacBook Pro as I use it outside. There are paid versions that I am not pursuing now.

Pity

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
While I am aware of the Apple Silicon chips being able to run iOS apps, this app is not on the App Store.
There's a workaround to install iOS apps on M1 and M2 units. I don't recall what it is, but if you search you should find it. I know I have installed a couple of them myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks