What's new

Outdoor volume control......... (1 Viewer)

Greg Wolff

Auditioning
I've got a Pioneer 811 receiver and I want to hook up my B speakers to some outdoor patio JBL's (N26AW). I'm using #12 wire but I want to do an easy install by placing the volume control under the soffit of my roof (out of direct weather). I can reach the the volume by standing on my deck. Does anyone see any problems with this setup? I was looking at the stereo volume control that accessories4less sells ($30). They say #14 is the max wire the volume control will accept, but would cutting a few strands off affect the conductivity that much? The length of run to the volume control would be about 60' and then the run to the speakers would be, at the most 20'.
Does this seem plausible?

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
I'm sure you could make this work. There are lots of crimp and solder terminals that might be easier than shaving conductors off of your cable. I've often used solder-on gold pin terminals like these for connecting big wire to small-orifice devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks