What's new

Outdoor speakers? (1 Viewer)

MikeHalder

Stunt Coordinator
Now that I have my Parasound 2250AT:D for my HT I was going to run a pair of outdoor speakers for the patio off of the recievers 'B' channel ( Sony STR-DA777ES). Any recommendations on outdoor speakers that I can mount under the awning? Any concerns with doing so?
Thanks
Mike

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
(Cincinnati, Ohio) Cosco has some outdoor advents for $50 a pair. Two-way, ball mouting, binding posts, and a nice rugged enclsoure. They sound pretty good. I'm in the process of installing two pairs for a friend - I'll be running them in mono (due to placement) via a speaker selector and an outdoor volume control. We have one speaker up and it sound pretty damn good. I think I could get away with just one pair to fill the backyard...

Jerry Wright

Agent
Hanwook, You sound like you know what I need to Know. I'm also going to run stereo speakers to the deck of my pool off the "B" receiver speaker selector. Can you tell me how to install the separate volume control out there at the speaker location. I've looked them up but have no idea of how they function or how to install them. Thanks

Marc H

Second Unit
Energy makes some very good sounding outdoor speakers called the Tempest.

They are totally weather proof.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Just to add a few more options for you, JBL has outdoor rated versions of some of their speakers. Off the top of my head I remember the N24AW, N26AW, and S36AW (all in mark-II versions now). Prices are only slightly higher than the normal versions of the same, if memory serves.

Good luck,

-- Dave

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I was going to mention the NHT Outdoor Ones that I use that have respectable bass from a 6.5" woof and good sound for an outdoor, but the big 8" woofers on the EMS880 look attractive.

Bob, can you tell us anymore about who EMS is and who manufactures the drivers used in the speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks