What's new

Ordered some new speakers... (1 Viewer)

LloydM

Agent
Well guys. Im not sure that my speakers are up to par (Old Sony HTIB speakers) for the Pio-1014, so I placed the order for the following:

Jbl-Ec35
Jbl-E30's
Jbl-E10's

I already have the Sony WMA40 sub. Do you think this sub will be okay with this speaker setup?

I plan on using the E30's upfront and then moving them to surrounds and the E10's from surrounds to the rear when money is available to put some E80's up front :) Or do you guys think that the money would be better spent on an SVS sub over the E80's? I dont have room for rear speakers right now, so I am thinking of doing the second option first.

Also, does anyone know about the b/o for the Jbl-Ec35? I placed my order with Etronics over the weekend and received an email saying its on b/o. This weekend it was showing stock. Should I wait for the order from Etronics or look elsewhere? It seems that this speaker is on b/o at most of the authorized dealers, but that must be a good thing though :)

Lloyd

MikeWHA

Grip
Let me know how you like the sound - I am seriously condidering the 35, 4 30s and 2 80s paired with a Pioneer 1014. Condidering the 90s instead of the 80s and bypassing the sub altogether. Was looking to order the JBLs from bhphotovideo and the Pio from JR but JR is b/o so I'll wait on the speakers until I get that.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Just picked up the E35 this weekend for $150 and had the E80's delivered on Monday ($358/ pair.) So far, I REALLY like this combo. 80's not really broken in yet, but they sound good. I am really enjoying this setup so far. Kind of over powering for my small room, but still sounds great. Have an 8" HK sub and using some HK cubes for surrounds (no room for the E30's back their which I really want.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
As a follow up- Altho still not really broken in yet, I am really impressed by my E80 + E35 combo.
Popped in Almost Famous DVD (DTS) tonight and tested some scenes. Heard quite a few things I had never heard before (dialouge, sounds) with my previous setup no matter how loud it was. My new setup is poretty overpoweribng for the small room I have it in, but it sure sounds good.
Listened to some J-Lo (yeah I know, but it is the only modern DTS audio cd I have). Heard some electronic sounds (in the song) during one of the songs, thought my son was playing one of his video games in his room, just couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Real nice.

For the $500 I paid for this setup, I am quite happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks