What's new

Optimize connections and Connect Wii (1 Viewer)

ramez75

Auditioning
Real Name
Ramez
Hi

This is my first post on this forum so apologize if it is not in its correct section, I am sure I will be guided to the right section.

Well I m not a newbie but not a pro either. I just want the pro's expert if the way I have the connection are the best or if there is room for improvement.

TV - Sony 46" Class Bravia Full HD 1080p with Digital Tuner
Home Theatre - Sony DAV-FR9 5 Disc progressive scan DVD Dream System (No HDMI OUTLET)
Cable Box - RCN DVR (I DONT HAVE HD)
Wii Nintando (Not connected yet) and have composite cables

Well the way I have things connected right now and to avoid wiring clutter everything is run through the wall from the TV to the Cable, theatre, eventually the Wii

HDMI cable from TV to Cable box
Component cable from TV to Home theatre
Optical cable from Cable box to Home theatre

--------Wii Connection -------------------

At this time the way I use the Wii is connect the composite cables (R/W/Y) directly to the TV when we are using it and take them off when done.

I want to use the home theatre for sound and update to component cables. I know I have to connect the Audio (R/W) to the home theatre and the Video (Y) or Component cables (not purchased yet) to the TV. The problem I am having is the wires length, and they will run in opposite direction and the way the Wii wires are, they are joined together so how do I get around that, do I use extenders are there something like that.

Thank you and sorry for the lengthiness just want to make sure I have all info written

RB

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you're asking what to do about component video cables that are too short, you can connect two sets of them with some RCA couplers. You should be able to find them at Radio Shack.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ramez75

Auditioning
Real Name
Ramez
What about the way I have everything else connected, is that the most efficient way?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks