What's new

Opinions: Pioneer VSX-47TX (1 Viewer)

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at this puppy the other day and I am SERIOUSLY impressed with it’s features, especially the Ultra 2 processing. For 3 grand, it doesn’t seem like a bad price either, but I need to know how the public feels about it. Audioreview only had three reviews and they all said the same thing, so I’m bringing this to you guys. What do you think of it? Worth the money? Reliable? How’s the sound, music and theater?

All responses appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Scott -

I think you can get it alot cheaper than $3000 so look around I'm hearing prices of around $1800. I think you could get a 49 even cheaper than $3000.

I have a 45 and its great. Offers much of the processing capability. Many think that the 45 with a good 3 channel amp is a better choice for the money than the 47.

Mike

Steve Adams

Second Unit
hey, check out etronics.com. they have it for like 1800. the 49 is 2700 there, they are both awsome receivers.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have a 47TX and really like the unit. It provides clear, accurate sound, plenty of amp power to drive my seven B&W speakers, and the MCACC auto-calibration feature is a wonderful tool. It helped smooth out some room frequency response issues I was having. Center channel speaker performance was improved over my previous Sony DA50ES receiver -- dialog is clearer.

The downside to the receiver is if you have 4ohm speakers. Pioneer does not recommend driving these type of speakers with the 45TX or 47TX, and some HTF members have experienced receiver shutdowns with this type of load.

As others have stated, you should be able to find this receiver online for less than $2k. I spent a little more than that back in January from a local authorized dealer.

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys. I won't have to worry about the 4 ohm thing though, as my speakers are 6 ohms. It just seems like a pretty good deal for all this good stuff. I was debating on getting the Denon 4802 until I stumbled onto this Pioneer.

Best,

Scott

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Check out soundpros.com they have have the 47 for under $1800.00 and they are really great to deal with.

Dennis F

Grip
I have the 49TXi and just love it. I upgraded from the 39TX. I also have the DV-47Ai Dvd player they are a great pair.

Dennis

Harlan

Agent
I have the 47TX and I also have a Denon AVR 5700. I love the Denon but I also love the Pioneer. When I was in the market for a new receiver, I narrowed it down between the 4802 and the 47TX. I thought that since I already have a Denon (5700), I'd like to try the Pioneer. I was intrigued by the MCACC feature. I'm glad I did as the MCACC definitely made a difference in my theater. All in all, you can't go wrong with either unit.

Harlan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks