What's new

Oooh, pretty: Single view of what CD/DVD/XM is on in the house (1 Viewer)

Vivek_IVB

Stunt Coordinator
Oooooh, pretty....

My new screen where I have a centralized view of what is currently playing on each a/v source in my house from any PC, PDA, or my $250 wallmount touchscreen. I have another screen where I can see which zones are on/off, I didn't put which source was on in each zone there as before last night all I could see was CD/XM. I think I'll have to add this in there.

This by itself is of decent value as I can now create 2+ DVD renderer PCs in the house, and if someone wants to watch a DVD they can see if DVDPlayer #1 is busy, if so then use DVDplayer #2 to watch. Once there's conditional logic in CQC, i'll be able to push that logic into the system and really make this a smart system.

Now all I need is to do the same thing with SageTV, and i'll really be able to seperate sources from zones and have a one-stop-shop for all audio/video entertainment and control...

(btw, this is using V2.3.2 of TheaterTek being controlled by V1.6.20 of CQC over IP)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

So you don't have physical drives, right? You just run iso files? Couldn't you create a virtual DVD player for each TV in your system? What do you use to run the iso files? I've been toying with that idea, but havent really looked into it in detail.

Your setup looks nice. I like all the posts you do here, even if no one replies...

Vivek_IVB

Stunt Coordinator
Well, technically I rip IFO/VOB, but same theory. That's where TheaterTek comes into play, and why i was so excited about their IP control.

Are you talking about using something like daemon tools/alcohol to mount images/etc for playback? If so, i'm a little skittish on that as i haven't heard very good reports on stability. Plus, I don't think those tools were designed to be externally controlled, which as you can see is required in my situation as my goal is to avoid a proliferation of PCs in the house and to know what's on so I can create a smart-system.

OTOH, I know CQC has an Alcohol 120% driver for ISO type stuff, so I'm sure some folks are pursuing that.

Thx on the props; fortunately i accept the fact that i'm on the bleedging edge of the bleeding edge with this stuff, and most of what I have to say is usually not stuff that others would comment on.

BTW, i'm keeping a full blog of my HomeAutomation stuff at homeautomation.wordpress.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks