What's new

Onkyo Tx-SR600 Question (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I am curiose how you get it to decode the Digital signals.

I have my DVD player hooked up to the reciever through the Optical input. I've configured the Digital input to read Optical 1. I only have the system setup for 5.1 right now.

When I play a DD 5.1 DVD it plays it but on the display it doesn't light up the DD icon.

The only thing I'm missing in my 5.1 speakers is the Subwoofer. (just got the reciever this week and haven't picked up out a subwoofer yet, but its coming)

So does this reciever automatically know what to decode or do you have to set it when you put in the DVD. There are all sorts of Surround settings, and some sort of Cinema on/Off thing I don't fully understand yet, also stereo switch (thats easy to figure out), direct, and DSP.

All I want to do is have it setup to playback at DD5.1 whenever I put in a dvd with that coding in it. The manual isn't very help in this though.

StephenL

Second Unit
Make sure the Dolby Digital and DTS bitstream outputs are enabled in the DVD player's setup menu.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

Many discs have multiple audio tracks which can be changed with the DVD player remote, if you're looking for the DD icon make sure you've selected a Dolby digital track.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Watched Reign of Fire last night.

It was my DVD Player, I never had DD or DTS A/V Reciever so I always had those two settings switched to off. Turned them on and watched the movie.

Damn thing scared the crap out of me. There I am watching the movie, when one of the scenes come in and its a tank rolling from off the screen kind of behind you onto the screen. All I heard was the huge rumbling and crashing noise from behind me. I jumped off the couch thinking our wrought Iron hangings were falling off the wall.

I think I'm going to enjoy this 5 and 6 channel stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks