What's new

Tidal Music is such a hoax. (1 Viewer)

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I got frustrated with Amazon Music Unlimited UHD service on my Fire TV Stick 4K Max that I tried Tidal. Amazon music playback output is 20 decibels low in volume on all 3 4K Max sticks I have. Amazon admitted to the problem and said it would be fixed in an update, but that was months ago.

So I decided to try Tidal Music HiFi quality which is really nothing more than standard fidelity or CD quality 16 bit/44.1Khz playback. On both the newest Roku 4K stick and the new Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Tidal plays back as compressed music and on Fire TV plays back as DD+ 2.0 when app playback says it's "HiFi" quality. I have both sticks configured to playback at the highest quality audio.

I have a hunch that studios and their fear of piracy is causing low volume playback with Amazon Music UHD and Tidal inability to playback uncompressed music.

I'll stick to my CD collection, SACD, DVD-A, and Digital 24/96 recordings. I'll rid myself of these useless streaming services.

Had to vent as I've been fighting for months with Amazon and Tidal is just a no-go right out of the gate.

I will say that Amazon stated to me the their Music Unlimited UHD was designed for kids with their phones and earbuds, not home HiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks