Once Upon a Time in the West

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_M, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Was watching "Once Upon a Time n the West" and wondered if any one knows the if or why of the plot holes.

After the shoot out at the Auction, Henry Fonda returns to find a dozen men murdered and Morton crawling in a puddle of water, next we find that Cheyenne was shot when he unexpectedly met up with "Mr. Choo-Choo". It's pretty clear the line was dubbed in after the scene was filmed. Last time we saw Cheyenne he was headed for prison.

Did Cheyenne escape?

Did Cheyenne later return to kill Morton?

Where did all the dead men come from?

Where they Cheyenne's men?

Also I remember reading Lee Remick was in this film but her role was cut out, any one know anything more on this?

2. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

It's been awhile so if I'm wrong on anything I'm sure someone will correct me.
    Did Cheyenne escape?
    yes With the help of his men.
    Did Cheyenne later return to kill Morton?
    I think Frank did that job - I could be wrong.
    Where did all the dead men come from?
    Probably the shootout between Cheyenne's men and his guards.
    Where they Cheyenne's men?
    See above

3. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

The last time we see Morton and Frank's men they are playing cards (with Morton dealing out cash) One of Frank's men asks "How Do you play this game", Next Frank leaves the auction and His men start shooting at him. They're killed off by Frank and Charles Bronson. That brings us back to Morton, as Frank's returning all these men are lying shot, if Frank's men went to town to kill him, who was the shoot out with Cheyenne's men with? If there was a shoot out with Cheyenne's men. How did Cheyenne end up with a bullet?

This must have been one of the big cuts to the film before it's American release.