What's new

Once Upon a Time in the West (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Was watching "Once Upon a Time n the West" and wondered if any one knows the if or why of the plot holes.

After the shoot out at the Auction, Henry Fonda returns to find a dozen men murdered and Morton crawling in a puddle of water, next we find that Cheyenne was shot when he unexpectedly met up with "Mr. Choo-Choo". It's pretty clear the line was dubbed in after the scene was filmed. Last time we saw Cheyenne he was headed for prison.

Did Cheyenne escape?

Did Cheyenne later return to kill Morton?

Where did all the dead men come from?

Where they Cheyenne's men?

Also I remember reading Lee Remick was in this film but her role was cut out, any one know anything more on this?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
It's been awhile so if I'm wrong on anything I'm sure someone will correct me.
Did Cheyenne escape?
yes With the help of his men.
I think Frank did that job - I could be wrong.
Probably the shootout between Cheyenne's men and his guards.
Where they Cheyenne's men?
See above

Greg_M

Screenwriter
The last time we see Morton and Frank's men they are playing cards (with Morton dealing out cash) One of Frank's men asks "How Do you play this game", Next Frank leaves the auction and His men start shooting at him. They're killed off by Frank and Charles Bronson. That brings us back to Morton, as Frank's returning all these men are lying shot, if Frank's men went to town to kill him, who was the shoot out with Cheyenne's men with? If there was a shoot out with Cheyenne's men. How did Cheyenne end up with a bullet?

This must have been one of the big cuts to the film before it's American release.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Dusting off this ancient thread to one of my Top-10 films, and certainly my favorite western.

Did Cheyenne escape?
According to Wiki, ...as Cheyenne is placed on a train bound for the newly opened Yuma prison, two members of his gang purchase one-way tickets for the train, intending to help him escape.

A shootout with Cheyenne's men.

who was the shoot out with Cheyenne's men with?
The remainder of Frank's crew.
If there was a shoot out with Cheyenne's men. How did Cheyenne end up with a bullet?
Mr. CHOO-choo, or as Cheyenne put it,
"I ran into Mr. Choochoo. I didn't count on that half-man from the train. He got scared".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks