What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
After The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) reached American cinemas at the end of 1967, the Spaghetti Western was nearing its apex and the success of Leone’s films ushered in a new formula for the western genre as a whole. Paramount Pictures decided to try to ride the wave of this success, first by getting Leone to direct Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) – which would become a signature film for Leone, Paramount and the subgenre as a whole – and second by taking up a second film in a trilogy by director Giuseppe Colizzi which had Terence Hill and Bud Spencer, Ace High (AKA The Four of the Hail Mary). Previously released on DVD by Paramount, Kino has licensed the movie for its Blu-ray debut.

Ace High (1968)

Released: 03 Sep 1969
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 122 min

Director: Giuseppe Colizzi
Genre: Comedy, Western

Cast: Terence Hill, Bud Spencer, Eli...

Continue reading...

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Nice review Mychal, I watched this last night and I agree with your thoughts on the film. If you are a fan of these types of films I recommend Ace High.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Agreed, it was a spaghetti fest, crossing over the classic "My Name is Trinity" (Bud Spencer, Terence Hill) series with one of the best character actors of all time Eli Wallich (TGBTU, Lord Jim and Samurai) in the mix!!
I'm so glad that thay handeled the film well and the end results...definatly worth the pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks