What's new

Olive Films (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, whether or not they are a dying company, they put out THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE on Blu-ray. Who the hell else would've done that? I also appreciate all of their Signature titles and their oddball noirs, etc. I hate seeing smaller companies dissolve for whatever reason, whether it be gargantuan corporations eating their competition alive, or because sales can no longer support them. I always HATED that dumb-as-nails Olive logo that is actually attached to the feature film's running time so that it has to be shown when sharing one of its films in a home theater setting, but I suppose that's a small annoyance when compared to a company potentially biting the dust.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
...I always HATED that dumb-as-nails Olive logo that is actually attached to the feature film's running time so that it has to be shown when sharing one of its films in a home theater setting, but I suppose that's a small annoyance when compared to a company potentially biting the dust.
I ripped all of mine to the hard drive and edited out the Olive logo.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I love the Olive logo, find it cute and imaginative. My wife gets a kick out of it every time it comes up. Matter of taste it seems. Do hope that they are going to continue.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
DeepDiscount currently has Buy One, Get One Free on Olive releases with code OLIVEBOGO until Sunday.

Enter code OLIVEBOGO at checkout.​
Free item will be the lesser priced item. Sale Ends 10/11/20 at 11:59 PM CT.
Cannot be combined with any other offers.​

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been researching a purchase of a disc of The Miracle of the Bells (1948 MacMurray/Sinatra) and can't seem to find copies anywhere. I've checked Amazon, eBay, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, Target, DeepDiscount (where I ordered a copy on "backorder" status), NewEgg and Bull Moose. Everywhere shows it as out-of-stock/back-ordered/rare.

Olive released it on Blu in 2013.

Did it go out of print, I guess?

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I've been researching a purchase of a disc of The Miracle of the Bells (1948 MacMurray/Sinatra) and can't seem to find copies anywhere. I've checked Amazon, eBay, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, Target, DeepDiscount (where I ordered a copy on "backorder" status), NewEgg and Bull Moose. Everywhere shows it as out-of-stock/back-ordered/rare.

Try the Turner Classics shop Mike as I picked up a copy from there several months ago.

Pete York

Supporting Actor

Try directly from Olive, they have it in stock.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pete...that's fantastic.

Except (and I hate to admit this for all the world to see), I can't find an Olive website anywhere.

Can someone help me out?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
One person's stinker is another person's treasure. I like the film, but I'd probably hate a lot of the stuff the naysayers love. This world is depressing and negative enough so a nice little story is fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks