What's new

OK, now let's talk about "MAY"! ( w/A psychological decathlon that you'll appreciate) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hey John

We rarely disagree John, but I absolutely hated May.

I thought it was a derivative dull incredibly pretentious POS.

I too was suckered in by Mr. Weinbergs rave review (as well as Ebert's :star: :star: :star: :star: one) bought it blind and have regreted it ever since.

It is simply one of the worst films I have ever seen.:thumbsdown:

Sorry pal.:frowning:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
This has been discussed to death in various other threads....but I will say this, yes Anna Faris does look hot as hell in this film.....oh, and I liked the film as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
do you still have it, gladly take it off your hands?
Yes I do John, maybe we can work out a trade. I hate that this film is contaminating the others in my collection!:D

Btw, Yes, Anna Farris was hot, I agree.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It was mostly discussed in all of the various horror movie/DVD discussion threads over the few years it has been out, it's never had it's own thread as far as I know.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It was mostly discussed in all of the various horror movie/DVD discussion threads over the few years it has been out, it's never had it's own thread as far as I know
Btw Kevin, you are actually the last post in Scott's thread. :b

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Excuse me for a sec whilst I remove the egg from my face...there. :b

I just quickly read through the other thread, sorry I missed that one, however this film is so good that it deserves a revival, and Roger Ebert's glowing review is right on the money IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Compared to the crap that's being churned out by the horror genre these days (Darkness, Cry Wolf etc), May most certaintly IS A-list. :emoji_thumbsup:

I mean it's a thriller with a brain in it's head, a true rarity these days.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The current "b-list" horror films are a hell of a lot stronger then the bile Hollywood continues to churn out (with a few exceptions).

That being said, I can see why someone wouldn't like May. It's in line with films like Donnie Darko that may or may not have emotional resonance with the individual viewer.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, I can see that, I also really liked Donnie Darko, for some reason the trippier the thriller, the more I like it, even though I still can't make heads or tails of DD. ;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I definitely consider MAY to have been one of the best films released in that year. It works well on so many levels. While not necessarily horror, it's got some pretty weird stuff going on, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought much of May was a fantastic psychological thriller, but in the last 20-30m it turns into a derivative carbon copy of a jillion movies of this type. I expected something a little less standard in the conclusion given the quality of the eary portions of the film. For me it is a good film and definitely worth seeing, but hardly great or "one of the best of the year".

However I did think highly of Angela Bettis' performance at the time. She was better than some of the Oscar nominees of that year.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Btw Kevin, you are actually the last post in Scott's thread.
:b You know I thought I remembered a large May thread and I do seem to recall posting in it but..I post here so often I wasn't sure if it was there or maybe I was thinking about one of the countless horror threads & then I couldn't find it so......*sigh*.....the one thing I never think about is the archives for some reason. I need to go in there and look around sometime.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ok this is not an Anna Faris love in.....but here's a nice pic of her, personally I like her better as a brunette but she ain't a bad blond either:

Ok, that's out of the way but it had to be done...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks