What's new

Oh Brother, where art thou. Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
First off, I loved this movie! Secondly, I loved the soundtrack as well, especially the song 'Man of Conviction' sung by George Clooney himself and the song 'Go to sleep little baby' sung by the sirens by the lake. I'm not traditionally a country music lover but I must say I know a good song when I here one. Anyway, has anyone heard the soundtrack to this movie yet? If so, what do you think about it.
------------------
What if it gets no better than this!?!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The soundtrack is very good. The siren's song "Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby" was sung by Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss, & Emmylou Harris. They are all fantastic singers no matter what kind of music you normally like. Tim Blake Nelson was the only "soggy bottom boy" in the film who really sang. He did his own lead vocal on "In the Jailhouse Now".
The soundtrack has become something of a phenomenon and has contributed to O Brother... becoming the highest grossing film by the Coen Brothers to date. They reached a whole new audience in non-urban areas that were not previously "Coen-friendly".
There's also a concert film and CD called "Down from the Mountain" featuring the artists who contributed to the soundtrack. I think the DVD comes out in October from Artisan. The CD is available now. The concert was recorded at the Ryman Auditorium which was the previous home of the Grand Ole Opry. I haven't heard or seen them yet.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on August 16, 2001 at 03:49 PM]

Jeffrey G

Agent
My wife rented this movie and because I've never cared for George Clooney movies, I expexted a bad movie. Man was I wrong. This is one of my favorite movies in a while, and you're right, the soundtrack was assume. It was probably one of the reasons that I loved it.
------------------
Jeff Gossett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks