What's new

*** Official *** XBox 360 Hardware DISCUSSION Thread (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Ok, extended warranty question:

I was unable to send in the offer during the 10 day window for the extended warranty offer :frowning: I received my unit (eBay) almost a month after it was sold. Does anyone think I can still get the extended warranty? Their is no number to call and find out about this offer?

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Todd, I've heard most people saying that as long as you send it in before the 90 day warranty is over, you should be fine.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
how much does the extended warranty cost and for how long does it cover it? Also, do you have to pay for shipping and all that or is it totally covered?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I saw my first stack of 360s (premium and core) actually in stock today at Best Buy. Stopped in at lunch to check out a couple of things and was surprised to see a half dozen or so of each.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I set up my new 360 yesterday and am quite pleased. C.O.D. 2 is really intense and sounds incredible in 5.1. The graphics are also great.

I'm debating on the extended warranty myself. The thing I saw said that it costs $50 for 2 years of added protection, which seems reasonable considering that these things seem to be having some bugs right now.

No problems on mine yet but it does radiate a lot of heat. Look forward to hitting Live with you all.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anyone know if they're going to release any more movie trailers? i mean they had a few on the initial release but nothing since.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I heard that they released the trailer for Annapolis today. I didn't check for that though.

However, Marble Blast Ultra is finally out for Xbox Live Arcade! Woohoo!!! Seems fun so far. The demo is playable online too.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

It does to my taste buds. I've never liked steak. :wink:

Peter - Since I got my 360, I haven't spoken with anyone who has tried playing Halo on it. Sorry.

So far I have PGR3, COD2, Condemned, DOA4 and NfS:MW. I have not had any thermal problems with my system. I usually try to play for an hour each night before bed, then 4-5 hours on Saturday. After a long session my unit and PS are still cool to the touch. In fact, the only problem I have had is two lock-ups on Need for Speed Most Wanted. Both happened when I was in the tuner shop. I pressed B to back out of the shop menu and return to free roam, but the game hangs. The music keeps playing and it will even go on to a different track but the game itself becomes unplayable and the only way out is to power off the console via the front panel button.

This is only a small gripe and with my work schedule I don't have time to go to the store and exchange the disc. There are no visible marks on it, so I'm puzzled as to what causes the freeze.

As far as the game itself is concerned, the action of the gameplay is sizzlingly fast to the point that when I finish a race, I have noticed I have a death grip on the controller and my entire body is tensed. Last Sunday night I played for close to three hours solid and afterwards my whole upper body was a bit fatigued.

The 5.1 audio on the system is intense too. COD and NfS sound awesome with great use of the surrounds and sub.

I haven't tried to customize my soundtracks yet but I think I'll rip some tracks to the hd and see if I can get them to play with PGR and NfS.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

I was thinking more along the lines of pastrami on rye.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have had the COD glitch but the way I get around it is to just always go to mission select. If I pick resume game there is really no telling which missing they will start me on but if I always go to the mission select screen then my saves are always there. I can't explain it but it works.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
There's a rumored COD2 patch coming tomorrow. Hopefully it's true. It's supposed to fix the online lag issues. I don't know about the save glitch though.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
The COD2 patch that came out yesterday fixed the game save glitch, it didnt happen to me, but to both my sons.

I will be happy when they get the multiplayer lag, 8 people only, no lobby/host issue fixed.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to hop in and say hello. I just got my 360 a few days ago and I love it. I've been playing Halo 2, PDZ, Condemned, and NfSMW (which is so addicting).

If any of you guys wanna friend me, my GT is in my sig.

Hope to see you out there!

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
As mentioned awhile back, my 360 came with broken tabs on the back (the ones that hold in the HDD). I've had 3 lockups on Madden 06 in the last two weeks, so given my busy week coming up, I sent it off for repair yesterday. Will post turnaround time when I get it -- The guy on the phone told me to send the HDD, but the sheet said to keep everything, so I just sent the unit.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks