What's new

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
As for the ATC guys, if they thought they needed to go to another station first, shouldn't they still have been able to buy tickets all the way thru to the final destination?
Yeah, they were given bad advice all around. Once they were in Padua, they probably should've been told to go on to Verona and get the train to Vienna from there (as all the other teams were doing). Since Padua is almost halfway between Venice and Verona, they may not have lost much time. But instead, they were told to go back to Venice.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Is there any outline available on the AR website of the upcoming destinations, or will it only be revealed to us episode by episode?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's only revealed episode by episode but I've read a couple of eyewitness reports around the web that India
is going to be a location sometime later on.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They've been to India before (AR2 I believe). Blech! I hope they go to Japan this time, and not just for a plane stopover. I think Vietnam, Hong Kong and the other East Asian countries are some of the most enjoyable legs because of the way people screw themselves over by not preparing.

Terri and Ian placed second instead of bombing out because Ian knew the country, remember that.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Does Second Place (or "First Loser") win anything? Or it it just $1M for the winner?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Have they ever been to New Zealand? I remember hearing something about them coming here, but I don't know whether that was AR3 or this race. (I only started watching the show with four episodes to go in AR3).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The names the teams give each other are pretty hilarious.

What did BFG stand for?

The "Supremes" was inspired.

The "Chippendales" was also funny.

The California guys are a total blank.

The Clowns don't have that much in smarts, it seems.

The redhead is a total dummy.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
What did BFG stand for?
"Big Fat Guys", I believe.

I didn't see the first race, but this has to be the least charismatic group of contestants they've had. I'm really not rooting for anyone at this point. The clowns are kind of growing on me the way Team ChaChaCha did in a previous race - starting out obnoxious but revealing themselves to be nice guys - but I'm really missing the friendly competition of earlier races.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Jon was funny tonight, two great lines.

You're right Jason, this group of contestants is definitely a little more blah than the previous races, but I still am enjoying the show as much I always do.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>
I didn't see the first race, but this has to be the least charismatic group of contestants they've had. I'm really not rooting for anyone at this point. >>

Agreed. One of the teams must be so bland, they really havn't been featured at all. dave and Jeff I beleive where thier names..

There's not only no one to root for or against like last year. And unlike last year, I don't mind if I miss the first thirty minutes of this years show...

Kevin_V

Agent
A strange thing happened while viewing this episode of TAR. We had major storms in the area but it has never bother the sat/Tivo like this. We were watching from the Tivo'd recording. It started great up until Reichen leaves the plane due to fears of riding business class, then they show commercials, than it recorded about 2 seconds of signal meltdown & it resumes with the lead groups repelling down a cliff.
We lost the middle 25 minutes. What happened?
If anyone has a tape they can share, let me know.

Loved the Milly the mole line & the editing to show it.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
My wife and I about died when one of the contestants called Chip and Reichen "Viper and Goose." :laugh:

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I am really pulling for Chip and Reichen but come on how stupid can they be? Have they not watched the show before? Of course you spend the night in your car instead of a hotel. If they tell you you can't park somewhere you ask them the closest spot you can park. Duhhh...

I don't know where you live but here in TX a parking lot is not in the middle of the road..it is a parking lot.. gessh

Laters,
Jeff

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Soft episode IMHO. Yet another "pinch point" week. I think they have bunched up in every episode so far. It's getting old. Last place has been mainly determined if you get lost or not.

I hope in picks up in the coming weeks.

Bob

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I don't know where you live but here in TX a parking lot is not in the middle of the road..it is a parking lot.. gessh
I’m not so sure about that Jeff. I commute north to Plano on the Tollway (against the traffic) and as a result of an accident this morning. The North Dallas Tollway was remarkably similar to a parking lot.

But I agree—these guys did not act very savvy in this episode.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I missed that part. Why did he not want to fly on the plane?
They realized that they had been booked into business class for the second leg of their flight. The rules for TAR state that you can only book coach class tickets, no business or first class. They are allowed to be upgraded for free at the gate IIRC but they must book coach. He was afraid that if they took that flight they would have been penalized and I'm pretty sure they would have been so it was a good decision. Too bad they made some really awful choices later on

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks