What's new

***Official "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
...and here I thought it was too short and would have loved if it had been longer. As for the sound track, I really enjoyed it, so much so I bought the soundtrack.

Peace Out~:D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Directed by: Gore Verbinski

:emoji_thumbsup:
- Keira Knightley
- Johnny Depp
- Geoffrey Rush
- sense of humour

:thumbsdown:
- ?

Film Score: B
Movie Score: A-
Overall with Review's Tilt: A-

I'll keep this short: I liked it. There's no doubt in my mind the star of this film is Johnny Depp. He was basically Hunter S. Thompson at sea. Well, not really.

Keira Knightley did an excellent job, and my friend and I had this dicussion going as to who was better between her and Natalie Portman. The thing that kept coming up was "sexy British accent". :)

Geoffrey Rush seems to be having some fun since his Oscar win. I would too if I were in his shoes.

I think this was my favorite movie of the summer.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Late to the party on this one - solid flick probably a 3.5 out of 5. Within the limitations of the genre thought POTC was well done.

Ship battles of this type are rather boring and predictable. I appreciated the fork gag though.

High points Depp's imitation of Keith Richards and Orlando Bloom appears to be getting his acting legs under him - especially considering he had a pretty limiting role in terms of being able to show any range.

The skeletons rocked. Best ones I've seen so far. Kudos to ILM.

Pretty good soundtrack too.

An enjoyable romp with little depth to it or need to revisit.

Put this behind T3 as the second most enjoyable movie I've seen this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks