What's new

***Official Outlaw 950 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I'm interested in the AT, so wrote AT and asked when it will be available. Their response is below.

Hi,

The only info we have so far on the pre-amp is a newsletter introducing it. I can send that to you if you let me know your address. It should be available around March or April.

Thanks,

Michelle Phaneuf

Atlantic Technology Sales & Marketing

W

Will

The Outlaws tell us the Model 950 will be out before Atlantic Tech's pre/pro, in the following quote from the Outlaws January newsletter:

No other brand using the anything derivative of the Model 950 will ship until ALL current reservations for the 950 have been filled, and perhaps for some time after that.

The Outlaws don't want to say much about the Atlantic Tech pre/pro, other than that it will be out *after* the 950. Maybe the Outlaws want us to buy the 950 before anyone has a chance to sample the Atlantic Tech pre/pro?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
They did state in the most recent Outlaw newsletter that the AT will only ship AFTER all pre-orders for the Outlaw 950 are shipped. So, seeing as Outlaw has predicted that the second wave of shipments won't be met until March at the earliest, you may be looking at May if you are waiting for the AT.

I recall stating that Outlaw has the proprietary right to ship their units before any "shared" technology from other manufacturers can be shipped.

That tells me that the units are almost identical because if the AT was substantially different, wouldn't the Outlaw right to first ship be null and void? Just my .02

J

John Morris

ROTFL! You guys make my day. The way you guys feed off of each other's comments, each trying to top the previous posters inaneness is simple artistry. And I thought the Marx brothers were dead! I love it!
smiley_jester.gif

J

John Morris

Legairre: I think we both are yearning for the day when we can discuss how a unit performs and actually compares, versus simply guessing how we think/hope it will perform versus another "not yet available" unit. Oh my... it won't be long now, I hope. :)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
John,

I'd have to agree with you. I'd bet we're within 2-3 weeks of a release. Then we can all stop arguing and guessing and start reading to actual users comments.

I guess this gives us something to do in the meantime.

W

Will

Since 1999 I have been wanting to get an inexpensive pre/pro with DPL II. If anyone had predicted in 1999 that the least expensive pre/pro with DPL II in January 2002 would street for about $3000, I wouldn't have believed it. Hopefully the cheapest pre/pro with DPL II will street for just $899 plus shipping soon.

TomH

Second Unit
When you look at the advances in digital technology, processing power and the continual sharp drop in prices for nearly all digital devices its hard to see how any of the manufacturers can justify 3-6k for a digital pre/pro. Technically the new Lexicon should have been twice as powerful and cost half as much as the MC1. If a B&K sold for $3500.00 two years ago then a comparable product should sell for about $1200.00 now.

Outlaw and Rotel are just the first of many to take advantage of the technology market and offer digital pre/pros in the price bracket where they belong.

Tom

W

Will

Yes. Putting out a DPL II pre/pro that streets under $1500 can't be too hard. The sub $1500 DPL II pre/pro market has no participation from the big boys today, like Yamaha and Sony and Onkyo and Denon and Kenwood, etc., most of whom sell DPL II receivers that street under $1000.
Maybe if Rotel and Atlantic Tech and Outlaw make lots of money, the big boys will wake up, smell the coffee, and copy cat.

Will:

I'm wondering a bit about why you are STILL making comments re the 950's delay?

We sure know that these people are working full-out to get it shipped. We have read their VERY forthcoming newsletters - quite unprecedented in the industry in their candidness.

We also know that these guys are as knowledgeable as ANYONE in this field - and what they don't know, they CERTAINLY have the contacts.

We KNOW that the format problems out there with the new programming and chips (combined with some 'shoot from the hip' studio production moves) has made for some nasty anomalies that so far no one has fully fixed yet - at least to the knowledge of anyone so far posting here.

To continue to throw in comments and inuendos about the delay is not going to change the date one second! So if one is on Outlaw's side, wouldn't it make sense to just be quiet and wait?

The analogy is a bit morbid but this whining would be like having a beloved grandfather that had gotten some miracle drug for cancer, that everyone knew would be a cure, and then to go into his room every morning and say "Grandpa, why aren't you better yet?"

I think those people that like the Outlaw product and the way they do business are now just on the sideline and giving full support - Brady will pass to the 36 yd line and the field goal will come!

W

Will

Bill,

I'm wondering a bit about why you are STILL making comments re the 950's delay?

Because I want it to ship so badly. It has no competition, still. At least as of today, there's still no pre/pro at it's price range available with DPL II.

Will

Yeah,Will, but you and many hundreds are in the same boat.
You KNOW that your comments are not going to move anything forward - even a microsecond - why not just let these people do their work and have them feel we're with them?
I'm pretty sure your dad was going to get to the amusement park just as quickly without your 'Are we there yet?' from the back seat! And actually if you made him nervous you only risked an accident and/or raised his pulse rate unnecessarily. (And he might also have been thinking if he ever should have offered the trip to the park in the first place ;)).

W

Will

Hi Bill,

You KNOW that your comments are not going to move anything forward - even a microsecond - why not just let these people do their work and have them feel we're with them?

I have been with them. Very much so. Since 1999. In 1999 I heard about a wonderful but very inexpensive pre/pro with DPL II that would soon be out from the Outlaws. I was looking forward to it. But it wasn't out yet. But it would be out soon they said. Very soon. Meanwhile I needed something to tide me over temporarily until the pre/pro with DPL II came out from the Outlaws. So in 1999 I bought a cheap Sony receiver from Onecall to use as a temporary pre/pro. Today in 2002 that Sony receiver is still my temporary pre/pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks